Farm jacks ?

Flamemaster66

I am wondering where you would find a suitable place or lifting  point for these high lift farm jacks that 4x4s use ?? I can see areas on jeeps but not on our pathys especially since the jack pads are so shallow on those jacks .

I think I've seen them lifted from the receiver with a D shackle stinger.

Don't know what you'd do from the front without a heavy duty brush bar/bumper (not the cheesy ones that were a Nissan accessory.

Could also use from heavy duty rock sliders, again not the side steps that came on some Pathfinders.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have used them as a winch before. Prevented some serious cosmetic issues when I was stuck and the only movement I could obtain was crab walking sideways further into a tree trunk. Then as a winch again when maneuvering down a muddy slope peppered with trees. Mud was so slick I could either maintain just enough friction to stay stationary if I did a brake stand or slide forward with no steering response from my mud caked tires. Jack was used to pull front end tow hooks left/right to avoid trees as I foot by foot slid down the hill until it leveled out

• Like 2

Try Craigslist - there are always tons on ours for giveaway prices (though the PNW is clearly offroad heavy). They last forever - mine is 20 years old & no doubt, people probably have 30 & 40 year old ones

• Like 1

Do some research and familiarize yourself with the mechanism before trying to use one in an emergency situation. The handle can whip around if you let go of it at the wrong time, or the whole thing can fall if one of the pins hangs up. There are some good Youtube videos covering how they work and how to use them safely.

• Like 3

Do some research and familiarize yourself.....how to use them safely.

Completely agree. They can damage both your vehicle & yourself. I use mine infrequently enough that I always take 5 minutes & refamilarize myself with it after I take it off the truck before I use it. The dropping thing & the handle kick back are the most unpredictable if you don’t know about them.
  • Like 2