Delayed cranking issue support requested

03TroutFinder

Reaching out for some insight into the problem if anyone has had a similar situation before.

I’ll start with about a month ago, I was pulling a trailer across the state and about and hour and a half in, under slightly higher RPM’s than the engine typically revs constantly the engine cut out on me on the interstate. It did a similar thing as another member mentioned where the engine stalled and the gauges went ok crazy and stuff.

I put the tranny in neutral as the vehicle was coasting and got it cranked back up.

After it cranked back up, no other issues occurred except the engine light came on and is still in now.

Any idea on what code this may be?

Fast forward to this past week, I went joy riding last Thursday and the truck stalled on me as I was backing back through a creek. I got it cranked back up, but now when I start the truck, it takes several seconds to crank, sometimes takes multiple attempts.

Before this, it cranked immediately every time without fail, like clockwork.

Between these times and maybe 1-2 times before the trailer pulling incident, the truck has stalled on me as I was driving down the road. Weird, but I’ve been lucky so far as it always has cranked up.

I’ll also add that I changed out the normal filter compartment to a pop charger type setup awhile back which I feel may be part of the intermittent stalling problem.

I’ll be switching back to OEM once I figure out a way to make a dry setup without a snorkel.

Any assistance to point me in the right direction for troubleshooting would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unlikely that the stalling has anything to do with the intake, unless it sucked water. Gauges going crazy is interesting, has me thinking electrical fault. Start by pulling the code to see what the ECU is upset about, that might give you some idea of what you're up against.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I got a code scanner and here are the codes that were showing:

PO550-Power steering pressure sensor/switch circuit-opener shorted to ground.

PO725- 1: Select Actuator circuit
2: Engine speed input circuit

PO335- 1: Crankshaft position sensor/circuit
2: Engine speed sensor circuit
failure.

I cleared the codes and drove the truck around to town and back for about 30 minutes or so. The engine light didn’t come back on and the intermittent missing over 2500 rpms didn’t occur(this happened to me last week going down the interstate). From reading about the intermittent miss firing, it was apparently in limp or safe mode?
I also ran the engine with the code scanner in live mode there were no issues identified.

PO550 was the most recent, and also had the most detail about the importance to address when scrolling through the reader.

The truck still doesn’t crank immediately like it was prior to my creek crossing incident. Does anyone have an idea of what I may need to check to see why this is happening?
Assuming it’s a spark issue potentially?

Also, are any of the above codes a big deal that need to be addressed immediately if they come back up in the near future?

Again,

Thanks in advance for any support.

I’m just now seeing this post. Some stuff I’m reading says crankshaft position sensor. Granted it was on a 2.5L Altima.. still though, both the 725 and 335 codes were present. The person said that the crankshaft sensor issue causes the camshaft sensor fault but the root cause is the crankshaft sensor so you only need to replace it.

• Like 1

I’m just now seeing this post. Some stuff I’m reading says crankshaft position sensor. Granted it was on a 2.5L Altima.. still though, both the 725 and 335 codes were present. The person said that the crankshaft sensor issue causes the camshaft sensor fault but the root cause is the crankshaft sensor so you only need to replace it.

Thanks Bud!

Appreciate the reply. Looks like I’ll be replacing it here soon then.

I’m gonna take that offer! Lol

I’ll probably order one soon. Trying to decide if I want to get an aftermarket one of OEM. Leaning towards OEM even though is nearly 10x the cost.
That creek crossing incident got me a little skittish now when solo. I was pretty deep in the woods.
Feel pretty fortunate I was able to drive out.