An odd problem with my passenger front door.

Harbinger

Hello NPORA friends and family! 

So it's been awhile since I posted about anything, so I made sure I had something unique to come here with. 

Broke my passenger side mirror awhile back.  Finally replaced it and had the door panel off so I could reconnect the powered/heated mirror.    During this I looked toward the lock cylinder and discovered why it was just rotating.  The rod connecting it had become disconnected, and one of the pieces it was connected too had come loose, and turned out to be what was blocking my window from lowering.  

I removed the part that was blocking the window and reassembled everything, and proudly shut the door.   This is when I realized that I must have knocked the rod attaching to the door latch loose.  I now can't open my passenger door at all.  

So - how does one open a door that has the latch rod disconnected?  

To be honest I did that to myself with a rear door and forgot to reattach the lock rod. My guess is that for your front door, you'd need to take out the seat, and remove the door panel while the door is closed. Its not fun when you don't have much room to work with.