Strut and coils for front?

R50ATL

I’m in the process of replacing the suspension on my 96 Pathfinder. I just ordered the LR 9448 and Bilstein 5100s along with poly bushings for the trailing arms and a new pan hard bar(Bent the old one) Also I will be using Air Lift helper bags. I have about a 500lb constant load on the rear from the audio system. Currently I’m running stock front suspension with 2” spacer. I’m considering ditching the spacer for lift springs. Looking for recommendations for a good strut/spring combo?

Thanks!!!

Edited by R50ATL
Misspelling

Dang, 500lb sound system! Hope you got some JL subs in there ;)

from my recent research, there aren’t a ton of options for the front, but it breaks down to this:

Stock front struts are most common (KYB oem replacements). You can pair these struts with either of the 3 different height Old Man Emu (OME) front springs that have 3 different heights up to about ~1.5” lift. AC Coils offer the highest spring lift with 2” lift springs. All of these springs can work with the KYB stock replacement front struts, but you are extending the front strut closer to its maximum height and risk “top-out” when you hit a speed bump or off-road trail.

The only longer, stronger front struts that I am aware available are from Old Man Emu which are a premium cost.

if you need more specifics, there are plenty of write ups on the forum. Or watch this video from one of the members here:

• Thanks 1

Exactly.

I don’t understand why you add your input and then reference a video that is far more thorough your explanation. Why not read through the thread that had one (1) reply and realize that [mention]PathyDude17 [/mention] video was already included without adding confusion to OP’s questions?

Sent from my Pathfinder

@Fonze311 500lbs is just a rough guess. It’s a 6th order wall with 2 18” Crossfire xsv4’s. 2 Mmats 4000.1 mono amps run at .7 ohms. 3 Faital Pro 8FE200 mid Bass per door on a Mmats MPA2300. Then 2 Mmats ST1 Tweeters per A pillar on a Mmats MPA4150. All tuning done with a Audiotec Fischer Helix DSP Pro w/ Director. It’s built to be loud and clear. Hits 161.4 Db on the meter.

10 hours ago, R50ATL said:

@Fonze311 500lbs is just a rough guess. It’s a 6th order wall with 2 18” Crossfire xsv4’s. 2 Mmats 4000.1 mono amps run at .7 ohms. 3 Faital Pro 8FE200 mid Bass per door on a Mmats MPA2300. Then 2 Mmats ST1 Tweeters per A pillar on a Mmats MPA4150. All tuning done with a Audiotec Fischer Helix DSP Pro w/ Director. It’s built to be loud and clear. Hits 161.4 Db on the meter.

Nice man. That must sound insane. Have you done a bass sweep to find any rattles in the interior/exterior? Surprised you weren’t bottoming out all the time with that weight.

@R50JR you posted the video before I finished my reply. Relax a little man, he’s informed now.

On 9/12/2020 at 7:36 AM, Fonze311 said:

Nice man. That must sound insane. Have you done a bass sweep to find any rattles in the interior/exterior? Surprised you weren’t bottoming out all the time with that weight.

@R50JR you posted the video before I finished my reply. Relax a little man, he’s informed now.

My whole rear suspension was shot. Even bent the panhard bar from riding on blown suspension. Just replaced it all. Went with the NRC9448 and that's holding the weight and sitting at about 4" of lift. Im hoping it will settle to around 3"