MPG for your Pathy?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. MPG for your Pathy?

• 10 or less
    • 10-12
    • 12-15
    • 15-17
    • 17 or higher

I'll start it out. I'v got an 88 V6 and currently I'm averaging 16-17 MPG. Highest MPG yet is 18, and lowest was 15 last fill up. That 15 was probably because it was raining and I love to floor it in the rain. Spin those tires! :P -bounce- Of course I drive with a lead foot regardless of the weather. sly

Edited by SC88Pathy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 87 has been averaging about 13.7, and that was mostly distance driving to 4x4 areas. I haven't ran the codes yet but I'm pretty sure I need a new O2 sensor and a few other little goodies. But with 270,000 on the clock, I'm not sure if I can complain :-)

With my VW being down I've been driving the Pathy around town, and now with little more than 1/4 tank left I have about 185 miles on the tank. Not looking to pretty!

Last summer I figure it out at about 16 MPG on my 99.5

Which was what they averaged for my truck.... thats City & highway driving everyday. I was getting close to 500 km a tank (I think, this is going by memory - something I'm not good at)

Over the winter that went down hill, about 400 km per tank, and just as it was warming up & getting better I went and modded the hell out of it, and I'm stuck at 400 km a tank again.

16-17. Everytime. Doesnt matter city, highway, 4x4, stuff on the roof, always 16-17. Rather depressing I can't do anything to change it.

As my truck is used in my business, I have to keep pretty good records for the tax man (and to make sure I charge my clients enough!). So here are my averages from Dec 2004 when I bough the truck (they have been converted to US gallons, Canadian gallons are bigger, as are all things Canadian :laugh: ):

Bush: 14-16 (AUTO and 4wd mix)

Town: 16-19 (2wd)

Highway: 19-23 (2wd and AUTO mix)

I have noted that keeping it in 2wd rather than AUTO helps by about 10% on the highway. The lowest I have got is 12 MPG, this in the woods at -36 Celsius, it idled a lot that day! Best is 25, highway at 90-100 km/hr 2wd.

Oh, the Sienna gets mid 30's on the highway, so we use it a lot for longer travels.

Edited by Trainman

'91 SE V6, MT, 31x10.5x15. I consistently get 18-20 with mixed driving. Very little offroad. This is my daily driver. I just rolled 145K on the clock. :dance: When I tow my boat (20' fiber. I/O bowrider) I see about 15. Oh and 88 I love to rrrrrroast the tires in the rain as well.

Hey somebody had to use the break dancin' stick boy. And yes he/she dances better two dimensionally than I do three dimensionally. :laugh:

Mike

15 city, 18 on the highway if I keep my foot out of it... Thats a 95xe with JGC lift, 31" tires and cat back magnaflow exhaust with 112K miles. I yearn for the 20 mpg days of my old truck, but I know thats more mental then not...

B

'92 4 door XE. doing good right now.. avg 16-18 highway and 13-15 town. all that shifting around town sux! That's on 29" tires. (255/70/15) -bounce-

I used to get 8-10 before I did the headers n stuff!

18-19 mixed driving on my 97 SE with 30x10.5's, manual hubs, intake and exhaust. Somehow it stays around 18, no lower than 17, no matter if I take it easy on the skinny pedal or get heavy with the right foot. :D

THe thing that irks me is my dads 97 2 door Tahoe gets about 17-22 depending on where hes driving. He has some light mods like a jacobs ignition, k&n filter and a larger exhaust. The engine is a Vortech 5.7 350

Meanwhile My poor sixbanger is giving me a consistent 13.7.

Motor swap time! :D

I drive 40 miles to work and 40 miles back....all freeway, in the hills and mountains of SoCal and I get 14.9 - 15.4 every tank. I'm a lead foot who hasn't figured out that my 97 isn't going to hold 90 on a 15% up grade for 2 miles....But I try anyway....leaving the tach at 5,000 for almost 1/2 the drive.....This truck has been great! Oh BTW thats with a 2" AC lift and 31" BFG AT's and No rear bumper....less wind resistance!