98 cluster died will a 95 work or can i make it work

pbilt

pretty much the whole cluster its not my pathfinder so cant say exactly what gauges i know temp fuel and speedo and odo

reads 9999 im ok with switching some wires around i can do that just fine more so wondering if it has been done otr can be done realistically thank you for your reply  

Unless the plugs happen to be the same, which would surprise the hell out of me, you'd have to cut and splice the WD21 harness plugs into the R50 dash harness, which would leave you with a rat's nest, a cluster that doesn't fit the dash, and no way to install the right cluster if you find one later. If you're good with wiring, and very lucky, you might get some of the dashboard working. More likely this would turn a truck that needs a cluster into a truck that needs a cluster and a dash harness.

The '98 manual (which you can get from Nicoclub) has some checks for diagnosing cluster issues, as well as the wiring diagrams (EL section). I'd start there. Check it out, see if it's just got a popped fuse, a bad connection, something like that. If the cluster is actually buggered, AFAIK the cluster from between a '96 and an '01 (any 3.3 R50 Pathfinder) should plug right in without having to butcher anything. Look for someone parting one out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Can you take a cluster from a 97 Qx4 and install a cluster from a 98. Analog odometer to digital odometer reading without rewiring because maybe airbag light is in different place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk