Howdy just got a 90 path

NuggetRaider

I have bought a 1990 pathfinder and have some work to do as its got 200k when i bought it. 5 speed non 4wd. I got the timing belt done and did an oil change. My biggest problems currently seem to be oil leak from driver side valve cover gasket, exhaust leak somewhere on the passenger side, and tailgate isn't adjusted right so water leaks in anyway here is picture. 

20200707_154907.jpg

• Like 1

Paint looks good! Valve cover gaskets are a common failure on these, and not too bad to do, though you will have to remove the upper intake manifold to get to the driver's side. Plan to replace the vacuum lines while you're at it if they're original. It's also a good time to do the spark plugs, just because the driver's side bank will never be easier to access than it is with the upper intake removed. The exhaust studs tend to snap off, that's probably what's causing your exhaust leak. I know it's what's causing mine. Good luck with the tailgate, hopefully a little tweaking sorts it out. The service manual (you can download a '90 manual free off Cardiagn) may have some explanation of how that's supposed to be set up if you get stuck, and is a good thing to have around anyway.

And yeah, that's quite the nerf bar!

I'll try them out, I don't wanna have to redo all seats because somethings not matching the others. You wont happen to know where I can fight one of the back door ashtrays that flip out. I looked but couldn't find one I need only one.