Lifting a 2 wheel drive

ok , I have looked through the lifting threads and everything seems to be geared to 4X4 , so my question is ....Can you use 3.5 inch spacers on 2000 2 wheel drive without any more issues then extended rear shocks ?

You can use any size spacer on the front with a 2wd....but it probably won’t align with anything over 2.5

Sent from my Pathfinder

• 4 weeks later...

Even with camber bolts, it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to align it with over 2.5" of lift without an SFD. CV axle angle is far from the only issue related to lifting, so you're not a ton better off with a 2wd. A 2.5" spacer lift in the front should be a safe and alignable option for your rig.

In addition to camber. Eventually brake line length becomes and issue and the panhard bar geometry becomes an issue in the rear. From what I’ve heard, 2.5” is good to align. I did 2.0” aligned with one camber bolt on each strut. You could get even more adjustment (in theory) with another camber bolt so maybe you could go 3.0 inches 

Well , I finally got the four inch spacers to work and yes I had to have a bracket made to drop the panhard rod down and one to relocate the distribution block of the rear break lines "which was a very simple fix" and now to lengthen the swaybar end links , which will be pretty simple....but haven't taken it to shop for alignment yet , but did purchase two sets of camber bolts to "try" and get her streight .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 9/17/2020 at 10:39 AM, Flamemaster66 said:

Well , I finally got the four inch spacers to work and yes I had to have a bracket made to drop the panhard rod down and one to relocate the distribution block of the rear break lines "which was a very simple fix" and now to lengthen the swaybar end links , which will be pretty simple....but haven't taken it to shop for alignment yet , but did purchase two sets of camber bolts to "try" and get her streight .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm using 2 sets of bolt as well, but I'm confused, I think I got them maxed out in the wrong direction, as my angle is still pretty extreme. Got to replace an ABS sensor this week & I'll switch mine around.

I made a panhard drop bracket, but didn't even think about end links, this is the 1st time I've heard it mentioned, do tell...