Oil leak?? :/

Johnston77

Hello everyone, I just recently bought myself a 03 pathfinder le 4x4 and I just got an leak and I did read a thread about it from 2010 but I just wanted too make sure that this was indeed an oil leak. I will add some photos 

3458635D-1DB7-4797-A2ED-AC581A71D549.jpeg

Just now, Johnston77 said:

Hello everyone, I just recently bought myself a 03 pathfinder le 4x4 and I just got an leak and I did read a thread about it from 2010 but I just wanted too make sure that this was indeed an oil leak. I will add some photos 

3458635D-1DB7-4797-A2ED-AC581A71D549.jpeg

B86F9965-E14D-45CB-8A88-11C1229CDEEF.jpeg

14 hours ago, Johnston77 said:

B86F9965-E14D-45CB-8A88-11C1229CDEEF.jpeg

That cylinder (which appears to be coated in plenty of oil) in the center-left of this picture  is the oil cooler. It has 2 o rings that can be replaced and will often fix any leaks that the cooler has. It looks like this is at least one of the sources of your leak.

Edited by PathyDude17

1 hour ago, adamzan said:

That oil cooler leak is pretty common. The o rings should be available from Nissan. I've had to do them on a few VQ35s.

5 hours ago, PathyDude17 said:

That cylinder (which appears to be coated in plenty of oil) in the center-left of this picture  is the oil cooler. It has 2 o rings that can be replaced and will often fix any leaks that the cooler has. It looks like this is at least one of the sources of your leak.

Ohh okay thank you I’ll go to a Nissan dealer?... and then see if I can go ahead and replace those 

• 1 month later...