1988 Nissan Pathfinder stalls and runs rough; error code 11

UPC78999

Got in my 1988 Nissan Pathfinder this morning and it is running extremely rough all the sudden.Then it would stall either during idle or while driving if I let off the gas pedal. The truck starts without any issue. Not really knowing where to start I first cleaned the distributor cap, contacts  and rotor but that didn't help. I also checked the spark plugs and fuel pressure and those are good. At that point I pulled Error Code 11 Crank Angle Sensor/Camshaft Position Sensor from the ECU. So am I wasting my time doing any further troubleshooting other than just replacing either or both the distributor and Camshaft Position Sensor?

I replaced my crank angle sensor on the exact truck. Mine was a 3.0 V6 I'm assuming yours is too. I actually ordered one for a D21 truck because it was lots cheaper and was an exact fit even tho they told me it wouldn't fit. It's super easy to change. Just a sensor with a plug at the bottom of the dist with what looks like a mini CD that spins. It didn't fix mine. Mine ended up being skipped timing but I caught it too late and wasn't aware of the 60k timing belt on these trucks with Interference engines. Mine had the same symptoms as u said weeks before mine jumped and killed the engine for good. So make sure u know ur timing belt has been changed in the last 60k. If it's close. Change it. Lot cheaper and easier than a new engine.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

Wow! Thanks so much for this information. Yes, mine is a 3.0 V6. I will add timing belt to my list of things to do here. I don't want to lose my truck.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...