Jump to content

Due to a hardware failure on the hosts systems, all posts and messages created between May 26th and Jan 13th have been lost. Additionally, if you joined the NPORA Forums community during that time, you'll need to re-register. -NPORA Mod Team *Updated: 05/19/2022 12:15AM PST

Trash or Cash


Projectcar
 Share

Recommended Posts

I got a wd21 Nissan pathfinder wagon given to me by my brother, its been sitting for around 4 years. it has got bad blowbuy, drinks oil and hasn't been started since it was parked, its got rust in the bonnet and a whole in the sill that Is around 10 inches long other then that its ok. My family thinks that I shouldn't bother trying to fix it and just use it as a paddock basher but I have seen what can be done to them but most of the pathfinders that I find that are the same model are all in America. does anyone know where I can find a parts car in Australia and a price for it or should I just scrap it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Check the frame. They tend to rot over the rear axle. I didn't know my '95 was rotten until I put a screwdriver through the frame. If you've got the VG30, you can swap in the VG33 from an R50 Pathfinder, an Xterra, or a Frontier (Navara) without too much screwing around, so consider that if you decide to save it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it a 4 cyl or a V6? And 2 or 4 door? They are starting to get rare here now. 

We don't really get frame rot here in Austraila as a general rule unless they have been used on the beach.
I've had 4 WD21s and they have all been rust free except the bottoms of the guards. 

Keep all over gumtree and marketplace, that's where I got mine and my parts car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 9:10 PM, FirstGenFreak said:

Is it a 4 cyl or a V6? And 2 or 4 door? They are starting to get rare here now. 

We don't really get frame rot here in Austraila as a general rule unless they have been used on the beach.
I've had 4 WD21s and they have all been rust free except the bottoms of the guards. 

Keep all over gumtree and marketplace, that's where I got mine and my parts car.

its a 4 cylinder petrol and a 2 door.

I know that they are starting to get rare that's why my family wants me to scrap it so I don't have the trouble of trying to find parts for it and I have only seen 2 pathfinders that are close to my year they where both 4 door and 1 was turbo diesel

Edited by Projectcar
Adding info
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FirstGenFreak said:

Ahh. Same as mine. I hope you save it!
The hard stuff to find is really only the WD specific stuff. Plenty of Navaras getting wrecked out. 

What does it need?

That I know so far it needs a

bonnet, all window rubbers, the driverside sill, driver side triangle window, motor, carpet, window switch, engine coolant overflow bottle, speedo, passenger taillight.

 

that all I can think of at the moment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, FirstGenFreak said:

You'll be able to find those bits but it will take some hunting, mainly the window and the taillight. 
Sill you'll have to make up. 

I can get a sill for a four door and the crash repair shop down the road thinks that it would still fit. is this true

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the back of the front doors to the front bumper, the 2 door and 4 doors are the same. The frame and running gear is the same between both. Here in NA, the pickup trucks in the same years were the same from the front doors forward as well in the bodies. Frames were a bit different though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Mr_Reverse said:

From the back of the front doors to the front bumper, the 2 door and 4 doors are the same. The frame and running gear is the same between both. Here in NA, the pickup trucks in the same years were the same from the front doors forward as well in the bodies. Frames were a bit different though.

the rust starts around the middle of the door and stops around the end of the door

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FirstGenFreak said:

Correct, same sill profile

 

ok thanks does anyone know a easy way to tell what engine it is from just looking at the motor

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 cyl Petrol will be a Z24.

Engine number is on the LHS where the head meets the block. Engine number will start with 'Z24'

If it's an 89 it will have the 8 plug cylinder head. 
Can tell if you chuck up a pic. 

Parts are easy to find for these, I am rebuilding mine at the moment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, FirstGenFreak said:

4 cyl Petrol will be a Z24.

Engine number is on the LHS where the head meets the block. Engine number will start with 'Z24'

If it's an 89 it will have the 8 plug cylinder head. 
Can tell if you chuck up a pic. 

Parts are easy to find for these, I am rebuilding mine at the moment. 

Don't have a pic at the moment because my phone died I will try to get some pics

I seen a pic of a z20 and it looked the same but couldn't see how many spark plugs there were is this possible

I defiantly know that it is a 4 cylinder twin spark  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Z is the engine family, 24 is the displacement (rounded up 2389cc -> 2.4l), and the last letter tells you how it gets fuel. I is throttle body injection, E is multiport injection, and I'm pretty sure S means it's got a carburetor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Z is the engine family, 24 is the displacement (rounded up 2389cc -> 2.4l), and the last letter tells you how it gets fuel. I is throttle body injection, E is multiport injection, and I'm pretty sure S means it's got a carburetor.


Yup, S is carb

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

hey everyone I have decided to sell my wd21 2 door petrol pathfinder did run when parked. its located in Curra Qld.

looking for around $1000 ono and you organise pick-up and drop off

let me know if you are interested in buying. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 9:57 AM, FirstGenFreak said:

If you do scrap it  (which I hope you don't) I'd be keen on buying some bits. I'm in Victoria,.

hey mate its up for sale see above comment for details

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

Welcome to NPORA Forums

 

Please register to gain full access to the forum.

Make sure you read the Forum Guidelines and don't forget to post a new intro in the New People Start Here! section, to say hi too everyone.

 

-NPORA

×
×
  • Create New...