Stock as can be, Yknot?

Yknotauto

Hey, my name is Scotty but I go by Doc also. I have a 1995 4 door VG30E Auto 2wd WHD21 213350 on the ODO. Rare in that it is rust free, unmodified and stock as a clock with working windows and door locks, original transmission which is slipping.... All the gears are there but it does slip, slow to engage into drive, slight drive train shudder at certain speeds and if you stomp on it, it tries to catch but if your 30 percent throttle and roll into it, it acts like an ok 1000 dollar truck....no updates from the dealer either, like I said 100 percent factory...lol. From someone who grew up in the rust belt up upstate ny, it was such a great to see factory paint marks, good brake lines in 20 plus year old truck... The sun has done a number on the seals around the windows and some minor bushings... and so have the previous owners with missing wiring and random bolts.. Torsion bars are in decent shape... I have Been a mechanic or tech for 15 years. Always will be a ford guy but I enjoy rare Normal vehicles and Yknot a 11second 2 wheel drive pathfinder to add to the mix. Yknotauto on Instagram having trouble uploading on here for now.

• Like 1

Get where you're coming from, I don't like waste in my vehicles either haha, that's why I run a 2 door.
WDs are a baby compared to most of the 4wd vehicles here in Australia (Landcruisers, Patrols, dual cab trucks etc), and the narrow track and light weight makes them very capable off road for what they are. 

• Like 1

They are small but sturdy. I'm happy with where its at.  No LS swap just to say it lol.. But keeps me busy getting it back to a shine... Paints rough in some areas.. I know the torsion bars have issues but I lucked out on this on, good shape all around just needs TLC..  its just the weather stripping everywhere thats becoming an issue. Hard to find parts..lol

• Like 1

Ha, at least you have the V6, mine is a carb 4cyl.

There is an eBay seller "lilvadee" that carries some of the weatherstripping (out of Thailand) great to deal with - they have kept a few of my Nissans and Dastuns on the road over the years. 

• Like 1

Awesome. I miss the smell of carbs though, fuel injection is nice but the sounds and smell  of the exhaust are different. Dont miss the cold winter starts though when I was up north lol?When I get a chance I will check them out! The seals are really shot front to back, took out the nasty carpet pad earlier today in 100 degree heat.  Florida at its best...... If needed I'll take the carpet out and clean it top to bottom and maybe sell it. Too good of shape to let it go in the trash front drivers side aside. Its doesn't look 20 plus years old and that blue is difficult to find, its like Levi jeans blue lol. Hope the day is going well out there!

Edited by Yknotauto
  • Like 1