Stock as a clock. 2wd anyone?

Yknotauto

Hey everyone, I'm Doc, I have a 1995 2wd auto 4 door XE with 213350 miles on it. Having trouble finding a leak, my floor boards get wet on the drivers side after a hard rain so I'm stripping the interior now. Any common area to watch out for leaks under the dash or hood cowl area? Also this is a rare find, Its 100 percent unmodified and no rust to see so I dont mind keeping it that way

Most common source for a leak like that is the windshield seal. The air intake for the HVAC system is in the cowl, but it is on the right side near the fender. 

You can remove the A pillar trim and the trim across the top pretty easily so you can see where the windshield is glued in. Have water running on the windshield and see if you can see just where it is leaking. 

• Thanks 1

Does sound like a windshield seal issue. Also check your sunroof drains, if it's got a sunroof. Should be one drain on either side, going down to the rocker panels. The cowl air intake is on the opposite side, like Mr. Reverse said, and it's also got a raised lip around it to keep water out. Wouldn't be a bad idea to check behind the blower motor resistors, though, they tend to accumulate sticks and leaves in there. And yeah, the A pillar trims just pop off. Hopefully the leak reveals itself once it's open.

• Thanks 1

Much appreciated. I'm going through taking out old sound deadening and cleaning up the soaked and dried 100 times over material/carpet pad... Its quite the mess under there but the carpet is salvageable. just need a hard rain to see how it goes. The rear and backseat area is perfect. Just crappy wiring for speakers and the cloth door panels are great. Yknotauto on Instagram for better pictures. Trouble uploading on here.