Trailer hitch wiring -- is it already installed?

shaggy

Hi guys. Excuse my ignorance, this feels like something I oughta know already.

Can anyone tell me, does my '95 Pathy wiring have a trailer hitch wiring connector installed as part of the stock wiring loom? I looked around under the rear bumper, but couldn't see anything like a spare connector or loose end. If it doesn't, what is the normal procedure?

--thanks very much!

Dave

Actually, if anyone else is interested, I looked around and found a complete Curt Class 3 towbar setup for my '95 Pathy, including Curt wiring harness, for just over $200 and free shipping, at CARiD.com. 

Still appreciate the initial link though, it gave me a starting point ?

PS -- it actually cost a bit more than I thought. Shipping was reasonable but not free, and then tax, of course. Still, pretty reasonable at $268 total, including two (high and low) ball carriers.

--cheers

Edited by shaggy

There's a plug-and-play converter box for the D21 pickups, but the WD21 needs the converter wired in. Not too complicated, though. I had what I suspect was a cheaper box wired into mine and it had so much voltage drop across it that you couldn't see the flashers if the running lights were on. I assume the higher-end converters have better transistors in them. I made my own converter from cheap relays instead. It's noisy and took some tinkering to get it working right, but the parts were cheap and it solved the problem. It's also got its own fuse, so if the trailer shorts out, it can't take anything else with it.

Thanks for your input. The 'converter' that is part of the wiring kit I just bought is, from what I've read, a passive device (brief description below)

Not sure if it's switching or current-limiting, but I expect it's fused.

CURT® 55353 - T-Connector
Nissan Pathfinder 1995, T-Connector (55353) by CURT®. 3-wire System, Location: S1/S2. Provides a 4-way flat connector for specific Nissan trucks. This provides all you need to connect a trailer to the tow vehicle. More details on https://www.carid.com

On 6/14/2020 at 4:25 PM, shaggy said:

Thanks for your input. The 'converter' that is part of the wiring kit I just bought is, from what I've read, a passive device (brief description below)

Not sure if it's switching or current-limiting, but I expect it's fused.

CURT® 55353 - T-Connector
Nissan Pathfinder 1995, T-Connector (55353) by CURT®. 3-wire System, Location: S1/S2. Provides a 4-way flat connector for specific Nissan trucks. This provides all you need to connect a trailer to the tow vehicle. More details on https://www.carid.com

I have the same one on my wd21, works great. Plugged right in.