QX4 Center Compartment EDC Organizer

I’ve lurked enough on this forum, so this is my little contribution. Hopefully helpful for people wanting more storage in their center compartment.

I got this idea from a picture of a Land Cruiser using Wits End APU-1 for EDC organizing mounted under the console lid. Did a little measuring and found a decent fit for pretty cheap. This fits perfectly in my ‘01 QX4 center console, not sure if Pathfinders have identical center armrest? 

The QX4 has a top compartment and a bottom, larger compartment, each with its own flip top lid. 

I found these $10 elastic organizer panels from Propper. One is 10”x5” which fits under the top lid. The other is 7”x5” which fits under the bottom lid.

https://www.amazon.com/Propper-10-Elastic-Organizer-Panel/dp/B011TWWYIS

https://www.amazon.com/Propper-Elastic-Organizer-Panel-Black/dp/B00V7F6NAS/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=propper+7x5&qid=1591340857&sr=8-2

For the top lid using the 10”x5” panel, I used some heavy duty double-sided 1”x1” sticky pads and 1” Velcro loop strips cut to the same square sizes. Stuck the Velcro on the pad and the pad under the lid, total of 6 and lined up with the hooks on the back of the panel. (See progress pictures). 

For the bottom lid, I used the 7”x5” organizar panel. There is a removable plastic plate that divides the top console from the bottom, so I did the same process under this plastic plate using the 1”x1” double sided squats and Velcro loop strips cut to size. I have to cut some squares a bit smaller to fit the geometry molded under the plate (See picture). I also double stacked the double-sided 1”x1” squares to protrude past the plastic molding.

Once I stuck the Panel into the Velcro squares, this things holds sturdy, hasn’t gotten loose even in the hot sun. Adds much more storage pens, knives, flashlights, really any EDC items. (See picture of final install).

hope this helps someone. Ask me any questions. I’ll try to add better pictures.

thanks!

1CD616BA-6CD1-4382-B2BE-354D2B1F18C6.jpeg

CD003309-EE01-417D-A460-37D0A519A2AB.jpeg

99469361-36E8-42EC-BE26-1F827A3A7459.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Finally adding better quality Top and Bottom lid pictures with finished outcome. Hope this helps someone looking for more storage. 
I think it’s a perfect fit and discretely holds everything in place with no rattle of objects bouncing around in the compartment.

T7IJeY7.jpg

JJuhWeH.jpg

• Like 2