Learning Some Stuff.

Derision

Been a Jeep guy for quite a while, particular the classic Cherokee. I've also had an eye for the R50 Pathfinders due to their similarity to the XJ: uniframe construction, straightforward four wheel drive systems, rock solid engines. My brother had one and it hung in everywhere my XJ went, and did it far more comfortably, and with way more cargo space. He recently lost interest in it, got a new vehicle, and I talked him into leaving the old Pathfinder with me. I've discovered that I've gotten myself into a bit of a rusty mess, but I'm still interested in seeing what I can do with it.

SN855137.jpg

Also... ehrm... since I'm mostly here to learn... can anyone tell me what this rusty disaster is? Because it fell off. I'm pretty sure it was from near the rear differential, but I can't figure out what it attached to and whether it's something that I should be concerned about, nor can I find any pictures of it online. Nothing seems to be affected either way, but I'd like to be certain.

20200528_12025912.jpg

Load Sensing Valve. It came on earlier model pathfinders, and would slightly bias break input based on how much weight the vehicle had in the rear end. It attaches to the body and to the axle, so when you have more weight in the rear that spring isn’t stretched as much.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PathyDude17 said:

Load Sensing Valve. It came on earlier model pathfinders, and would slightly bias break input based on how much weight the vehicle had in the rear end. It attaches to the body and to the axle, so when you have more weight in the rear that spring isn’t stretched as much.

Thank you!