Does anyone have experience with these little LSD blocks?

RCWD21

That's the wrong way of thinking about it though. If you're going to build a rig from an offroading perspective, you shouldn't look at it from the price you can buy another truck from. If you are building it to keep for years to come, it's a small price to pay. And if you can't afford to buy one after even after saving for a few months, then it's probably not a sport you can afford lol. @!*% breaks and it can get expensive.
True lol but in the same sense theres no point in over paying either. I mean in the long run I'll probably never need an lsd up front or even a locker for that matter. Just having one in the rear is already worlds better than an open diff.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, adamzan said:

That's the wrong way of thinking about it though. If you're going to build a rig from an offroading perspective, you shouldn't look at it from the price you can buy another truck from. If you are building it to keep for years to come, it's a small price to pay. And if you can't afford to buy one after even after saving for a few months, then it's probably not a sport you can afford lol. @!*% breaks and it can get expensive.

Totally agree!

Lockers definitely aren't cheap, but they're worth every penny if you wheel.  I don't even go that often, but every time I do, I'm so glad I have them.  If there's any downside, it's made things too easy sometimes...but in reality, if I'm out wheeling, why would I want my truck to struggle?  You want it to move as efficiently as possible to reduce the risk of breaking things...and the best way to do that is to have all 4 wheels actually contributing to movement equally.  There's definitely a price to pay, but if you factor in the costs of potentially breaking things or higher risk of being in a stuck situation without them (or really, a combination of both...ask anyone who's gunned up an incline and broken a CV without even lifting a tire), then it's probably justifiable.  I've just one locker is better than none.

Next weekend I'll be installing a full ARB setup in a buddy's QX4.  He's not in it to crawl with them, but he plans to find himself in remote situations where being stuck presents a major problem.  Harrop wanted $2600 for front and rear e-lockers, and the ARB setup (with compressor) came in around $2000 just for the major parts.  It's definitely a high price to pay for traction and convenience, but he's also adding onboard air as a result.