Headlight replacement

I'm looking for LED headlights or just headlights that don't look like the stock ones because personally I think they look like if Minecraft had flies. I've seen a few around like the euro headlights, which could work or TheCrazyGod's halo leds which are cool, but a little pricey. I was wondering if there were any other options out there that just so I can compare them all. Thanks again, this website is such a resource.

About the only practical change I can think of is to do the Hardbody swap. Swap the headlight buckets and grille from a 90 to 96 Hardbody pickup and then get your aftermarket square sealed beam headlight conversation lights. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2020 at 6:12 PM, Mr_Reverse said:

About the only practical change I can think of is to do the Hardbody swap. Swap the headlight buckets and grille from a 90 to 96 Hardbody pickup and then get your aftermarket square sealed beam headlight conversation lights. 

Yeah, I looked into this, but pricing it out it's about the same as the led headlights for the Pathfinder unless I go to a pick n Pull, which mine are slim pickings for pickups so I might just hold off until later. 

I bought used oem "Euro spec" left hand drive housings off of ebay years ago, they use h4 bulbs instead of 9004. That coupled with a relay harness, I have great headlights, almost as good as any new car. And they aren't stupid led crap that blinds the @!*% out of other drivers.

Edited by adamzan
  • Thanks 1

My LED bulbs in my stock housings don't seem to bother other drivers. At least they don't give any indication that they do. Now if the high beam and or the aux lights are on, then they do tend to let their unhappiness know. Got pulled over a couple months ago because I forgot to turn off the 28" light bar one night after coming out of the mountains. The nice officer let me go with just a verbal and commented that the bar was bright. Haven't had any official comments from the headlights, possibly because I got bulbs that mimic the filiment placement and did aim the lights to state specs. Still gives plenty of white light for my old eyes to see. 

On 5/17/2020 at 8:45 AM, adamzan said:

I bought used oem "Euro spec" left hand drive housings off of ebay years ago, they use h4 bulbs instead of 9004. That coupled with a relay harness, I have great headlights, almost as good as any new car. And they aren't stupid led crap that blinds the @!*% out of other drivers.

Do you have any pictures of the swap? The Euro ones are the clear looking ones right? 

No they were similar to these: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/282709905716

I did a quick google search and they say H4 bulbs so it should be the right one. They also have projectors now It seems. Didn’t have that stuff for our trucks 10 years ago.

The clear front ones are trash and I wouldn’t use them.

No pics I’m afraid but the lights just bolted in. Just had to adapt the 9004 to an H4 connector. If you search on this site you’ll see some info on making a relay harness.

Edited by adamzan

16 hours ago, adamzan said:

No they were similar to these: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/282709905716

I did a quick google search and they say H4 bulbs so it should be the right one. They also have projectors now It seems. Didn’t have that stuff for our trucks 10 years ago.

The clear front ones are trash and I wouldn’t use them.

No pics I’m afraid but the lights just bolted in. Just had to adapt the 9004 to an H4 connector. If you search on this site you’ll see some info on making a relay harness.

Oh alright, I'm looking more into the halo lights, but I still don't know if I'm willing to spend 250 on them