Nissan parts recommendations

andrewf

Hey guys, I just got a new suspension for my 01 Pathfinder. I went with the OME HD front springs, OME MD rear springs, KYB struts, and OME shocks. My question is, what Nissan parts do you all recommend I order for this install? Do you guys replace all the front strut components or just get the strut bearing? 

• Like 1

I got the struts from Rockauto, coils from Australia and the strut mount assembly from Japan and all were shipped to NZ as parts are way overpriced here.

Below is the breakdown of what I paid in NZ$ including the OEM part numbers for the strut mount parts, note that the strut bearings aren't on this list as I had purchased them earlier.

So should be a lot cheaper for you since your dollar is stronger and OEM parts are cheaper in the states.

Hope this helps!

RciSeJf.jpg

• Like 1

OEM Replacement Parts
Strut Bearing [54325-5V000] $48.54=$24.27x2
Spring Seat [54034-0W000] $45.42=$22.71x2
Bellows & Bump Stop [54050-0W002] $38.86=$19.43x2
Did NOT use: Upper Seat Rubber Bumper (NOT rubber) [54057-0W000] $22.50=$11.25x2
$173.17 ($155.32+$17.85s) infinitipartsdeal.com

• Like 2

So I grabbed KYB struts and Bellows/Bump

OEM Strut Bearings

OME HD springs.....

what factory parts can I most likely reuse pending that the wear is not bad, I have 140k on  stock suspension... trying to be cheap but do it right also

Edited by SASQX4TCH

10 hours ago, SASQX4TCH said:

So I grabbed KYB struts and Bellows/Bump

OEM Strut Bearings

OME HD springs.....

what factory parts can I most likely reuse pending that the wear is not bad, I have 140k on  stock suspension... trying to be cheap but do it right also

When I did my lift the only thing I replaced were the strut bearings. My top hats and bellows were in fine condition so I re used them 

• Like 2

When I did my lift the only thing I replaced were the strut bearings. My top hats and bellows were in fine condition so I re used them 

I replaced the bellows because I’d bought them. Otherwise I really didn’t need anything more - probably didn’t need the strut bearing but I only want to do this once. The one thing I wish I’d had was the rubber isolators for the spring ends. @hawairsh has simply used cut hose for this purpose.
  • Like 1

Hey. Thanks for all your responses. I’ve decided that I’m going to replace almost everything. I didn’t anticipate this much of an extra cost, so I’ll have to wait a while now for the install, but I want to do it right the first time. 

On 5/2/2020 at 8:01 AM, Sjackson2 said:

My bellows r non-existent at this point...so thinking of just replacing all my rubber components and reusing all the metal parts as long as they are in decent shape

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...