Stock Rim Backspacing

Gmar11

Hey guys, any idea on the backspacing on the stock 16 inch wheels on the 2000-2001 pathfinder? Installing the front AC springs and KYB struts soon and need to know if I need to buy a wheel spacers to have clearance on the AC springs. Thanks in advance.

Backspacing only matters when trying to fit larger tires. Swapping to AC coils will not require any kind of change in backspacing. 

I believe you may have gotten confused by the statement on 4x4parts.com website.

As far as figuring out the backspacing on your wheels, find a site that has at least the width and the offset of those wheels. Backspacing = (Rim Width + 1”)/2 + (offset in inches).

If the offset is negative, that means you’re subtracting it from the first calculation.

if you want/need to, you can always check your calculations agains tiresize.com as they have a backspacing calculator. Also a good resource for comparing tire sizes.

• Like 1

Yeah the statement on the website confused me but now I can't seem to find where it used to say I needed wheels with 3.75" backspacing, I actually used your exact suspension setup as a guide to mine aside from choosing the 9447 rear coils.

After having the lift installed I plan to go up to a 285/75/16 with the stock 16 inch wheels if possible. I don't mind going to a 15 inch wheel either, 33s will look more meaty on 15s. My last pathfinder i fit that same tire with just a sc spacer lift so I'm a little confused on which wheels will work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gmar11 said:

Yeah the statement on the website confused me but now I can't seem to find where it used to say I needed wheels with 3.75" backspacing, I actually used your exact suspension setup as a guide to mine aside from choosing the 9447 rear coils.

After having the lift installed I plan to go up to a 285/75/16 with the stock 16 inch wheels if possible. I don't mind going to a 15 inch wheel either, 33s will look more meaty on 15s. My last pathfinder i fit that same tire with just a sc spacer lift so I'm a little confused on which wheels will work. 

If you have the same wheels (tri spokes) (I believe there’s 2 different wheels you can get on a 00-01), as this guy, here’s a visual and a thread. he’s fitting the same size of 33’s.:  

https://forums.nicoclub.com/fitting-33-s-on-the-2in-r50-ac-lift-t494106.html

if you have the other OEM wheel (pictures below), it looks like Steve ( @fleurys ) is using 1.25” wheel

spacers to fit 33’s.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/profile/5125-fleurys/

8iWplLB.png

I hope this helps. I couldn’t quickly find backspacing for the OEM wheels, although I can find them for late model wheels pretty easy

• Like 2

Awesome! Thanks for the reply and all the information. I’m having everything installed today! Should be done by Friday because my shop couldn’t get all four tires today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1