Pro comp 15x10 fitment?

BamaQX402

I have a set of 31/10.5-15 AT tires with around 1000 miles on them. I do like my stock 17" Qx4 wheels. But, probably putting off doing a lift till I address other maintenance & cosmetics. Looking at tires and wheels I can replace wheels cheaper. But I cant find any info on weather I have to stick with 8" wide wheels or if a 10" wide would work with the stock suspension, both have the 3.75 backspace. I love the look of wide wheels, but Im worried about rubbing fenders. Not really planning to go off road till it's lifted.

Has anyone run this combo, any issues?

TIA

You can fit a ten inch wheel on there just fine. The tires however could rub on the strut tower. You may end up needing a 1 inch or so wheel spacer to clear them. And without a lift, it’s probable that you’ll need a bit of wheel well and bumper trimming, but nothing dramatic 

I have run 31" tyres on a 15x7 with a +10 mm offset and also on a 15x7 with +38 mm offset. No rubbing and heaps of strut perch clearance with +10 and a small amount of clearance with +38.. 

Maximum rim width I would recommend is 15x8. 15x10 looks silly with a 10.5 width tyre.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...