Corona Lockdown in your area?

FirstGenFreak

7 hours ago, Dozzerwd21 said:

Yes, Ruiz foods here in Dinuba Ca one of the largest frozen burrito factory was in the news. Employees have tested positive for covid-19, but they still are continuing to operate.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

That's ridiculous! Who eats a frozen burrito haha!

We had a breakout at a meat processing plant locally, they shut the place down for 14 days.

• Like 1

Like others here in Washington, most people are following along with the stay at home order.  Me, I am teaching now instead of turning wrenches and I have had to move all of my classes online.  Its been tricky but Im hoping I can get students in Lab to actually do some car stuff.  I have nurses in my family who are taking care of those who are sick.  they are seeing fellow nurses contract Covid and are sick now and a few have died.  My wife who teaches nursing is terrified to send her soon graduating students out into the field.  Those who don't hear or see what's happening on the "front lines" have no idea.  Im staying home otherwise.  Last thing I would want is to pass the virus onto someone and have them die.  That would haunt me forever. Stay safe out there everyone, it's gone be a while.  Living without a few things for a while is not going to affect you as much as you think it will.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 2:42 PM, adamzan said:

They are not stopping people randomly here yet, I still go for a drive once a week, this isn't North Korea lol. I really wish they would have stopped the quebeccers from coming here, as we are not allowed to go there. Always seems to be a one way street with that province.

The long term care homes are getting hit hard for obvious reasons. The one my Nonna is in they just tested everyone and so far so good.

It was feeling like North Korea here for a while, Montreal is still in a heavily-restricted mode for now. In theory if things calm down next week we may begin to lift travel restrictions, but the island is still _the_ hotbed of the province. You and your Nonna should be in good shape from the qwebekers until the second wave hits in early October. In better news the regions outside of Montreal have all lifted travel restrictions and are running open stores in a limited number of industries. We bike shop folks are officially open today from 12-6pm, 1 employee per client, 6-foot minimum, clockwise circulation inside the store and no trying stuff on. You pick it out, we pack it up and carry it around for you until you 're done. Y'all pay and get out of the shop and then : "NEXT!!!"

The Quebec government likes to make itself challenging at the best of times.... I haven't voted for anyone who has held office except for the Montreal mayor Valerie Plante.... I accept no responsibility for any of those retards and their decisions.

We've had our restrictions eased insofar as we are allowed to have up to 5 visitors in our home now, as long as they are family and friends (who else would you let in anyway??!). We are also allowed back out to do recreational activities (including hiking, fishing etc) in groups up to 10 as long as we maintain distancing. No overnight camping yet. And we are allowed to go for a drive and most importantly I can ride my Harley places other than work now haha. Our pubs and restaurants are still closed.

• 3 weeks later...

So how is everyone doing now? They're starting to open things up here, maybe too soon, but the economy won't survive much longer. I feel like the damage will be around for years. 

• Like 1

The news here is saying that Australia has pretty much stopped the VID in its tracks. 
From June 1 we are allowed to go and stay places overnight as long as they have their own toilet. Pubs/bars/restaurants are opening for max 20 patrons for FOOD only - you can't go and have a beer but you can order a meal and have a drink with it, but they need to have contact details recorded in case there is another outbreak. Life is pretty close to normal for most of us. 

• Like 1

Still pretty slow out here. In a county of about 42,000, we've got 46 confirmed cases, two dead. Only 1,300 tested, though, so who knows how many actually had/have it but haven't been tested. Still only five cases in my immediate area. I'm not sure if we've dodged the worst of it or if it just hasn't gotten here yet.

We had a bunch of tourists in town for the holiday weekend. I'm sure the businesses in town were happy about that, but it sounds like there wasn't much distancing going on. Hopefully they didn't bring more than money with them.

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Still pretty slow out here. In a county of about 42,000, we've got 46 confirmed cases, two dead. Only 1,300 tested, though, so who knows how many actually had/have it but haven't been tested. Still only five cases in my immediate area. I'm not sure if we've dodged the worst of it or if it just hasn't gotten here yet.

We had a bunch of tourists in town for the holiday weekend. I'm sure the businesses in town were happy about that, but it sounds like there wasn't much distancing going on. Hopefully they didn't bring more than money with them.

I am noticing people get really complacent here especially in places like supermarkets, it seems as soon as the news reports slow down and things begin to open up, people forget.

I think I'll be social distancing the rest of my life personally haha. 

Traffic is back and people are driving like knuckleheads again. I will add that the police are out in force and pulling over people for any reason.

They have a lot of missed revenue to catch up on and a stimulus package to pay back. 

Edited by FirstGenFreak

Hey I send you some gallons boxed up with money . You guys send me back some petrol how's that sound ? Lol. I wish it was that low here.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Well my State here in Australia has reinstated the stage 3 lockdown for the next 6 weeks. It really sucks but too many were doing the wrong thing the second restrictions eased.

How is everyone else faring?

Stay Safe, Stay Sane

-FGF

We're still in phase 2 and cases are ticking up. 71 cases in the county in the last 14 days. Sounds like it got into some kind of long-term care facility in Brewster. Wearing masks is state law for business employees and customers as of yesterday, but it sounds like the cops have no intention of enforcing that.

On 7/6/2020 at 10:50 PM, FirstGenFreak said:

Stay Safe, Stay Sane

:yeahthat:

We are wearing our COVID collection devices here in Georgia. Unfortunately 99.999% of those who wear masks don’t understand the diligence required to make them effective or the danger they pose as dedicated disease spreading devices (like cellphones).

Luckily if we hide in our homes and behind our masks for long enough the virus will pack it’s bags and head back to China.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

We're still in phase 2 and cases are ticking up. 71 cases in the county in the last 14 days. Sounds like it got into some kind of long-term care facility in Brewster. Wearing masks is state law for business employees and customers as of yesterday, but it sounds like the cops have no intention of enforcing that.

:yeahthat:

We are having close to 200 cases daily, in our state ramping up ever since the BLM protests in Melbourne. 

• 1 month later...

So we are on a full 6 week  lockdown, no leaving our houses for anything but work or shopping, limited to 1 hour exercise, curfew from 8pm to 5am.
We also need a permit to go to work, I have been pulled over a few times for spot-checks. 

How is everyone else faring?

Stay safe and Sane!

Edited by FirstGenFreak

Nothing like that here. Lots of bikers coming over from the west side this past weekend. Maybe half the people I see when I go through town are wearing masks. It hasn't blown up locally yet, but the county has the highest number of Covid cases per capita in the state. (I think we're also #1 for chlamydia, so, go team.)

• Haha 2