Spark Plug #6

Teesetz

Changing plugs and wires on my 3.3.

#6 is notoriously hard to remove and replace. Did some research online and several people were saying there is a spark plug removal tool that comes factory under the seat along with the jack.

Can anyone confirm this?

• Like 1

The WD21 came with them. Took several years for me to find out what those 2 pieces of tubing were for. Don't know if the R50 had them too. I have never used mine that I can think of, I have a sparkplug socket with a universal joint built in. I use it, a short(I think 3") locking extension, a second u-joint and another extension to do the infamous #6 plug. Also use plenty of profanity while lying on top of the engine and radiator support with the hood latch and other sharp bits drilling into my gut while hitting my head on the hood. 

Not bad to do #6 with my WD21, 3" bodylift makes a lot of things easier to get at, but with the R50, no easy way to do it unless you already have the intake plenum off for other work. That is a miserable job in itself there. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the input I can now fully relate to all you described. Found them under the seat. Going to give them a try tomorrow. Had no luck with my Frankenstein spark plug socket extension set up lol.

When I bought my Pathy the toolkit was missing, the seller told me that it disappeared after a service at Nissan.  I was unable to find one at the dealer or a junkyard.  After experimenting with several extensions I found one that is a perfect fit and changing the plug is no longer the nightmare it was the first time I changed the plug without a proper tool.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 9:02 PM, Mrelcocko said:

Here's my video on 3.3 #6 plug removal. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

Good video and good point about holding the extension straight.  My extension is a tad longer so I don't need to use a swiveling ratchet.

• Like 1

The notch on the firewall is a guide to reach the spark plug. You just need a couple extensions and swivel. It’s actually pretty easy.

Sent from my Pathfinder

Common sense tells you where it's at. In line with the other 2. I've never had any problems with the #6 luck I guess. More problems trying to get the wire off than getting the plug out.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk