RPMs surging while in park

I just rebuilt my throttle body and finally got my 1988 Pathfinder started again. It was pretty rough starting but it coughed to life. It was fine for about 10 seconds until the RPMs started surging up and down.  Can someone please help me?

• Like 1

I just rebuilt my throttle body and finally got my 1988 Pathfinder started again. It was pretty rough starting but it coughed to life. It was fine for about 10 seconds until the RPMs started surging up and down.  Can someone please help me?
Try checking your tps and try cleaning your maf sensor and basics distributor plugs wires vacuum lines too

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Ive checked my distributor and it seems pretty clean. Im gonna go ahead and replace my spark plugs. Ive been told that its most likely a vaccum leak somewhere, and Ill probably hunt it down this weekend. Any ideas on what it might be? I know theres a ton of hoses and lines going every direction

Ive checked my distributor and it seems pretty clean. Im gonna go ahead and replace my spark plugs. Ive been told that its most likely a vaccum leak somewhere, and Ill probably hunt it down this weekend. Any ideas on what it might be? I know theres a ton of hoses and lines going every direction
Bro I double and triple checked mine and I still hear a whistling noise the one that made mine sound like it was going to die was the one that runs behind the engine from somewhere and into the cruise control in the left corner of the engine bay be sure not to get confused and think it's going to the trans relief line in the firewal behind the cruise control

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk