Check this out...

TrailChaser

We had a quarter horse that liked to get up on her hind legs. For some wierd reason she did that in the middle of the night and came down on a fence post. It didn't kill'er but it d@mn near did. We went out to catch the school bus and noticed she was hung up on the fence with her chest resting on the top wire... My sister freaked out... The horse was calm the whole time... My dads friend came over with his tractor and they strapped around her chest to the front bucket of the tractor and lifted her off the post. It was in there about 17-18 deep and it had been bleeding for a while.(big puddle around the post) So my dad and his friend loaded her up in the trailer and took'er to the vet... She stayed there for about a week. The vet gave us a bunch of meds to give her and the wierdest part was the enima we had to us for the first week to flush out the crude that was building up in her "new" hole. Her whole right side felt like jello for about a month but after that she was fine... She lived about 6-7 more years after that and died of old age. ;)

We had an incident with a deer last Weds. (the 13th).

A deer had got inside our fenced in property (about 40 acres). My dad and I were looking at the deer planning how we were going to get it out when our dogs, who were sleeping behind us, woke up saw the deer and tore off after it. The dogs chased it around almost the entire fenceline, and finally caught it after the deer ran into the fence. Unfortunately they didn't kill it because our neighbors gardner scared them off when she ran over to the fence. At least that's why I assume they left the deer, I was running down to where they were from my house at that point. When I got down there the dogs had already done a lot of damage, the rear leg and chest were torn up and very bloody. The deer started ramming into the fence (old kinda rusty hog wire) and finally broke through to limp away into the forest. It's too bad that the dogs didn't get a chance to kill it because it probably died of blood loss or was killed by Coyotes.

After the deer ran away the dogs came back and they were covered in blood. I should've taken a picture of them before I washed them off, but I wasn't exactly thinking about photo opportunities.

Oh and if you're wondering the dogs are Weimaraners.