Seatbelt replacement

Mrelcocko

I tried going the route of calling Nissan North America to get them to rearchive my VIN. As many of you know most if not all R50s are not in the system. Every time I've had Nissan put my VIN back in the system the service writer at the dealership cannot pull my VIN up on his computer they cannot make me an appointment to get the seat belts flxed. So I called Nissan North America and Toad them the problem I was having and the lady told me if the service writer can't look up your van and find it in the system to give her a call back and she will call the service writer. The service writer was a fellow by the name of Todd I don't know his last name didn't catch it he was really nice he told me that he was going to be calling Nissan North America to get to the bottom of it and that I shouldn't have anything to worry about. That was 8:30am this morning EST. I recall the service writer saying something about Nissan warranties seat belts up to a million miles I've never heard of that. I had my QX4 seat belts replaced back in December of 2018 with no problem Infiniti/ Nissan LOL

20200308_171828.jpg.4398c342cf88c2c3019c9de69d4eab8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

a31d6fbcae71f058a708393a94841503.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure how far back it goes but I had my 01 drivers belt replaced a few months ago free of charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I mentioned above:

pre-2003 it is lifetime and after 03 is 10 years... I tried to get my driver side warrantied but could not.

a92938db33b1fdf1460285246a722603.jpg

Sent from my Pathfinder

I went to a local dealership to find out if the warranty applies for Europe too, but it appears it doesn't even if the seatbelts are factory realeses and made in Japan. 

• Like 1

That's BS. In my book it should work 10 outta 10 times. They just didnt want to do it because there not making any money per you the customer. I'm still waiting on the service writer to contact me. I left him a message last week. I'd call Nissan North America and see what they say. You have to stay on them trust me. I had both fronts replaced on my QX4 without any trouble at all.

Cleaning the upper slide on the B pillar (by your shoulder) helps a lot with seatbelt retraction. Hold the belt up and (mostly) out of the way and you can feed a thin piece of wire or something between the belt and the slider, and use that to scrape the schmoo off the slider (being careful not to damage the belt webbing of course). The belt should slide more easily afterwards. Mine doesn't shoot back like a tape measure, but I don't have to feed it in by hand and it doesn't get caught in the door. I imagine taking the seatbelt out and washing the hell out of the webbing would help a lot, and probably slow the accumulation of schmoo on the sliders as well.

I'm not entirely sure where the schmoo comes from. I assume it's human slime of some variety, but it's not like I drive shirtless or wipe myself with the belt. (We're not out of TP yet.)

Also, a dealer failing to honor a lifetime warranty because their VIN archive sucks is some serious BS.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mrelcocko said:

That's BS. In my book it should work 10 outta 10 times. They just didnt want to do it because there not making any money per you the customer. I'm still waiting on the service writer to contact me. I left him a message last week. I'd call Nissan North America and see what they say. You have to stay on them trust me. I had both fronts replaced on my QX4 without any trouble at all.

When I brought my wd21 in I told them to change the oil at the same time. So I came out with new seatbelts, fresh oil and OEM filter for $40. I felt like at least giving them some business made them not treat me like some leech lol.

• Like 2

Finally heard back from the service writer after leaving him 20 messages it seemed like. He was really nice and very concerned he seemed to think that maybe he can get my seatbelts ordered without me having to come back in just for him to tell me they have to order them. He knows what color I need I'm just waiting on him to let me know so the wait continues.

Thank the lord im not the only one with this issue, i may go see if my dealer will replace the seatbelt after all of this coronavirus crap dies down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its definitely worth it. GL if and when you do go in.