1992 SE cigarette insert, steering console clamshell

92SEPathFindr

Hello NPORA friends, for my 1992 SE 4X4 manual, I’m looking for 1) the insulator piece/insert for the cigarette lighter or the name of the piece/part# and where how to order one, Nissan or aftermarket is fine?  And 2) need the blue steering wheel column plastic clamshell pieces in good to excellent condition and without broken parts, cracks, or missing fastener points if possible?  

I would like to get the cigarette/ 12 volt insert fixed ASAP yet not in a hurry on the steering console clamshell ...just want to upgrade to a nicer one than mine when one becomes available.  I would pay $100 including shipping PayPal for the steering column clamshell.  
Let me know if you can help with these.  I appreciate the help, cheers. 

8enSqXb.jpg
Pkth0CW.jpg

Edited by 92SEPathFindr

Looks like the 240sx (and likely other models) used the same 12v socket and the light-up trim ring, and there are some on eBay, but they're stupid expensive for what they are. Looks like it would be pretty easy to mount an aftermarket 12v socket in its place. I may end up doing that myself, as mine's starting to crumble too.

Your clamshell's condition is pretty typical, unfortunately. I fabricobbled a replacement from sheet metal for mine. I'll keep an eye out the next time I'm at the wreckers, though, on the off chance.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 4:22 AM, Slartibartfast said:

Looks like the 240sx (and likely other models) used the same 12v socket and the light-up trim ring, and there are some on eBay, but they're stupid expensive for what they are. Looks like it would be pretty easy to mount an aftermarket 12v socket in its place. I may end up doing that myself, as mine's starting to crumble too.

Your clamshell's condition is pretty typical, unfortunately. I fabricobbled a replacement from sheet metal for mine. I'll keep an eye out the next time I'm at the wreckers, though, on the off chance.

Thanks VERY much for your input and help.  I really appreciate it, GREAT info, thanks again!  Yes, indeed, let me know if you find a clamshell.  Also I need to figure the best way to add cup holders (2) and I recall reading that some later model center consoles fit our years ...and have cup holders.  Hey Slartibartfast, thanks very much my friend!  Aaron :beer:

No worries man! And yeah, some people have fit the R50 Pathfinder consoles. One guy even fit one from a Jeep. (The pictures are borked because Photobucket, but you can still get a general idea of what you're up against.) I considered the R50 console for mine but instead made my own from steel, mostly based on what Nissan Nut did, though I used an ammo can instead of the stock console box and two sections of wider exhaust pipe for the cupholders to fit larger bottles. It won't be mistaken for original equipment, but it doesn't rattle and drive me nuts like the stock crap did, which is a win on its own IMO.

Incidentally, the center console elbow pad from a Lexus ES300 fits over a 50 cal ammo can surprisingly well. :aok:

there's an 89 d21 se  with a blue column cover that looked quite good at my local pull a part..cigarette lighter looked fine too...thats a match to a 92 pathfinder right? Ican check on it in the morning if you think its what ur wanting.

• 2 weeks later...

so good news bad news...column cover is in perfect shape...but not a tilt column...could probably cut the slot in it..but lewt me know before its gone

• Like 1

• 2 months later...