Sudden Slipping Transmission

Teesetz

My 99 XE's transmission just started severely slipping. Started on the free way. If I would step off the gas completely, then lightly step back on, assuming a healthy transmission would stay in the same gear, it would temporarily downshift, then return to 5th , or overdrive. Then it quickly got worse, instead of downshifting it would slip and act like it was in neutral. By the time I got to work, it was hardly able to stay in any gear without slipping. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with anything electrical given that it seemed to come on so suddenly. Any thoughts?

I assume you did the simple thing first of checking the ATF fluid level to be sure it didn't start leaking?

There would be a diagnostic procedure in the service manual, some of which may not require special tools. I only have the 2001 with a different transmission. If you can get ahold of the 99 service manual it would be good.

Sounds like slipping bands. If you are lucky might be caused by a bum solenoid.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

@Slartibartfast possible it could be the tps sensor going bad or seated properly? Drove it today for a short minute and was shifting fine.
Also this video really helped. Someone commented about there’s not shifting right when their tps wasn’t seated properly.