Auto Trans Oil cooler

EugeneB

Hi

I am looking to get an external oil cooler to bypass the one built into the Radiator as I understand its a weak point on these trucks. I also would like to be able to tow large loads like a car trailer. What would you recommend? I have seen this one below but it says its only suitable for light towing?

Cheers

image.png

Hi

I am looking to get an external oil cooler to bypass the one built into the Radiator as I understand its a weak point on these trucks. I also would like to be able to tow large loads like a car trailer. What would you recommend? I have seen this one below but it says its only suitable for light towing?

Cheers

image.png.db709110c60fb728687161f106c4c4a1.png

That’s plenty.

Sent from my Pathfinder

Sweet, I had a newer st ute and that had no issues with a large car trailer, but that was a 6sp manual. One thing I have noticed is the pathy doesn’t seem to have quite as much power as the st ute. Would be good to get a few more hp!

Edited by EugeneB

On 1/25/2020 at 7:45 AM, EugeneB said:

Sweet, I had a newer st ute and that had no issues with a large car trailer, but that was a 6sp manual. One thing I have noticed is the pathy doesn’t seem to have quite as much power as the st ute. Would be good to get a few more hp!

Is yours diesel? I assumed you were American but sounds like you might be an aussie. Mine is petrol despite being nz new

On 1/30/2020 at 12:11 AM, EugeneB said:

It does but its part of the radiator and is prone to cracking filling the tranny with antifreeze. The idea is you bypass this.

NA vehicles have both internal (radiator) and external (like you linked) transmission coolers as well from the factory. Surprised your doesn't

Edited by Inyourface1650