99 XE

Teesetz

Thanks. It was a one owner that bought it new in Hawaii and then shipped here to Oregon when they moved. Got really lucky. Zero rust except the oem muffler. Mostly working on engine related stuff for now. Did bank 1 cat, trans fluid and filter change. Oem exhaust snapped in 1/2 right before the resonator going over a speed bump of all things. So I replaced it with a cat back magnaflow “2 inch pipe and “3 inch tip. Just gotta take care of valve cover gaskets and then I can get on to the fun stuff lol. Any suggestions? Also only has 140k on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah unfortunately 2wd. Though with enough know how you can still have fun. An extra 2 inches is a good start.

If you get a locker in the back, you’ll see that thing surprise everybody you wheel with. i’ve been with 2wd tacoma’s that have a stock e-locker and they amaze me every time.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, joshrichard said:

If you get a locker in the back, you’ll see that thing surprise everybody you wheel with. i’ve been with 2wd tacoma’s that have a stock e-locker and they amaze me every time.

Good To know! 

• Like 1

When I was a teenager I had a 2WD Frontier with a LSD and it would go anywhere I took it. Certain situations, like very steep hills and mud, it’d get stuck but it mostly handled anything moderate and was a lot of fun.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Do you know of a e locker brand and model that would be good for my rig?

2 minutes ago, joshrichard said:

yeah me too, that link doesn’t work Tyler. At least not on mobile

3 minutes ago, Teesetz said:

Says I don’t have permission or the forum doesn’t exist?

Works for me on safari and chrome (mobile/laptop), but ive noticed mobile can have issues if I'm using the "Dark" theme setting

• Like 1