R50 lift and suspension

adam123

Hi I want to lift my 1999 terrano R3mv more than 2 inches but I’m being told that I can’t because of the uni body and also i can only find a 2inch suspension kit 

does anyone no much about this 

Supreme Suspensions - Front 2.5" Lift Kit for 1996-2004 Nissan Pathfinder and 1997-2003 Infiniti QX4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9YYHHC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_og44DbQP9S366

Or

Supreme Suspensions - Full 2.5" Front + 2.5" Rear Lift Kit for 1996-2004 Nissan Pathfinder and 1997-2003 Infiniti QX4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSESH4F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Vl44Db73ECE3J

I just bought landrover coils for the rear which supposed to give 2.5" lift at the rear.

I haven't received any of these yet so I can't confirm but I've read others have done it this way.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I went with some 2" strut and coil spacers from SFCreation/Fleurys (on these forums) a couple of years ago and I'm still using them, they worked a treat.

https://sfcreation.com/t/pathfinder-1996-2004-r50-platform

You don't really want any more than 2-2.5" lift at the front without a subframe drop as it won't be ideal for your CV angles.

Also if you're needing to pass WOFs make sure your usual garage is happy with strut spacers, some places get a bit funny with them.

I did give the local vehicle mods certifier a call before getting mine and he was happy that they were part of a suspension lift and not a body lift.

Keen to see what other options you find.

• Thanks 1

2 inches is the general limit, with a spring lift being safer for the CV's than a spacer lift. Since you seem interested in taller, your only option is a sub frame drop (SFD). If you do some searching you can find lots of information about those on this forum. The limiting factor isn't the fact that the vehicle is unibody, it's the fact that it has IFS, so CV angle is the limiting factor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I went with some 2" strut and coil spacers from SFCreation/Fleurys (on these forums) a couple of years ago and I'm still using them, they worked a treat.
https://sfcreation.com/t/pathfinder-1996-2004-r50-platform
You don't really want any more than 2-2.5" lift at the front without a subframe drop as it won't be ideal for your CV angles.
Also if you're needing to pass WOFs make sure your usual garage is happy with strut spacers, some places get a bit funny with them.
I did give the local vehicle mods certifier a call before getting mine and he was happy that they were part of a suspension lift and not a body lift.

Keen to see what other options you find.
How did you overcome the camber after lift? I have camber adjustment bolts installed and even when adjusted max, it's not enough.

10 hours ago, dogla said:

How did you overcome the camber after lift? I have camber adjustment bolts installed and even when adjusted max, it's not enough.

I got lucky with my spacer lift, didn't need camber bolts.
Now that I've gone with lifted springs, things are different... I will need camber bolts according to the wheel alignment technician.

I got lucky with my spacer lift, didn't need camber bolts.
Now that I've gone with lifted springs, things are different... I will need camber bolts according to the wheel alignment technician.

The results should be the opposite... what springs did you go with? is it springs and spacers or just springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk