OEM trailer wiring harness

missionstreet

I can't think of what open connector there is back there.

Here is what you need if you don't have the factory version already. It splices in with factory plugs between each tail lamp

Hopkins 43565 Plug-In Simple Vehicle Wiring Kit
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002Q7ZU0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_v0N3Db12P9C17

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

there is no open connector thats only on the pickups of that year. Youre going to have to run the wires another way. I didnt have the piggy back plug and play but running the wires is easy. if you run the wires under the trunk lining near the lock there are 2 decent sized holes for it to go through. i ran my 7pin wiring cable through that hole and to my plug which is on my bumper. If you are able to get an actual signal from that "open connector" make sure with a test light its what you actually think it is because from what ive seen the tail lights only run inside of the cab.

EDIT: youre going to need something like this and if you want the 7pin plug you just cut off the 4 pin plug and wire it to a 7 pin plug instead. then all you have to do is run your brake wire and your 12 volt wire to the dash and then after that its up to you how that works. you dont need the 12v wire or a brake wire but if you want the 7 pin thats the best way i found plus its cleaner

Edited by Strato_54

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I've got the FSM and the connector section shows something back there I think, not sure if it's that plug. I've seen in Chrysler FSMs entire sections showing every single plug.

Edited by missionstreet