1998 pathfinder fender

Sammwell

Hi,

I just picked up a 98 pathfinder today, and the front fender is rotted on the bottom portion of the fender. I was trying to search for fenders online and saw mostly 99-04 pop up, but the generic “car fitment” that the sites offer says it doesn’t fit my chassis. Is this true?

The R50 front grille, fenders, hood, and headlights were given a “facelift” in late 1999 and this was introduced as model year 1999.5. It’s likely that a fender that is advertised to fit up to 2004 models will not fit your 1998. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XPLORx4 said:

The R50 front grille, fenders, hood, and headlights were given a “facelift” in late 1999 and this was introduced as model year 1999.5. It’s likely that a fender that is advertised to fit up to 2004 models will not fit your 1998. 

Thank you for the info! Would you be able to point me in a direction to where I can find fenders for this chassis?

thank you!

I too have a '98 and have converted the front to a 2001 after a crash that mangled the chrome front bumper. I ordere both front fenders, bumper cover, bumper reinforcement, grill and hood. What I also should've ordered were the splash guards, mud flaps and fender flares since the old ones don't fit.
Looks better, sportier...
I got all my parts from Rockauto.com

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for the replies and help! I guess I was under the impression that 98-04 were mostly if not all interchangeable. I didn’t even really plan on getting this car, but the opportunity came up, and I got it for $500. Which I will Plan on using for a daily  (since my current and only car is slammed lol).

But I’ll wait for the fender as I see that most places are out of stock for it, which I think is why the prices for what’s left is on the higher side. 

Again, I appreciate all of the help, and look forward to learning from this forum. 

I must say, this truck is built to last. I have mine for over 14yrs, never did any engine repairs (I do have the diesel version - japanese model), only cosmetic and suspension work done. Even lifted mine 3" and looks stunning. Needs a paint job and some tlc (which I haven't given it for a while).....truck has over 280k kms on it and still runs ok.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

yeah man the chasis isn't the same. you could probably get the post facelift fenders and the bolt holes may line up but the fenders probably won't line up right. all honesty if you could find a pull a part around your area im pretty sure you can find a pathfinder with a full set of fenders and get em for cheap.