Newbie - 98 pathfinder

Sammwell

What’s going on everybody. I just picked up a 1998 black pathfinder With 126k miles for a super low price. It definitely needs some work (mostly aesthetic). It also needs to get an alignment, but I can’t complain for the price I paid for it. Primarily got it for a daily / winter car and this opportunity came out of nowhere, and I after driving it..I bought it. 
I was curious as to if body parts are interchangeable for this chassis from 98-04? I’m specifically trying to replace my front fenders and front bumper. All I see for the front fenders are 99-04 and not sure if it’ll fit my car. 

thanks in advanced for any help and I’m excited to start this project and be part of this forum!

:welcome:

That generation was from '96-'04, but a facelift occurred halfway through which is why you're seeing parts that are only compatible for 99-04. The bumper definitely won't work and I'm pretty sure the fenders won't either. All the bolt holes underneath are the same so you could probably make the parts fit, but the body lines wouldn't flow at all.

• Thanks 1

Now that you say this, it seems that this chassis doesn’t have as much parts support as post face lift? I was hoping that they were going to be interchangeable. Any idea where I can find body parts for this chassis for cheap? 

My usual go-to for a quick check is RockAuto, looks like you can get the bumper cover but fender is out of stock; may be that nobody produces them anymore? If you can find rust free replacements at a u-pull junkyard that would be great, but could be challenging in NJ.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1998,pathfinder,3.3l+v6,1316833,body,fender,1380