Help with lifting pathfinder

R50Tom

Hey everyone, I want to give my 03 pathfinder a 2 inch lift and want to use spacers. I know that spacers are pretty self explanatory but I have searched online cant cant find a straight answer, about weather or not I need to use a coil compressor for the rear coils or not. Also I am worried about the rear shocks getting maxed out is that something I need to worry about or not.    

It has been universally agreed here on the forum that if you are going the spacers route, a reputable company to get them from is SFcreations. To answer your question, No you wont need a spring compressor to do the rear but you will have to unbolt one side of the shocks so you can lower the axle enough to unseat the coil. It would be a good idea to get some longer shocks but it will be fine with the stock ones. 

On another note, it is also universally agreed on the forum that the coil spring lifts are much better than spacers for off road use because spacers can screw up your cvs. I have the 2in AC lift in the front which was $280 and the LR 9449 spings in the back which were $70 if you include shipping. I am happy with them both and they are a better option for you in the long run. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I have been debating on the route I wanna go for my pathy and so far its the old man emu kit and sfcreations spacers but do you think it would help to do ball joint spacers as well? also if I was to opt out and do a spring lift does anyone have part numbers for such application?