Glass Fog Lights

joshualaw205

12 minutes ago, joshualaw205 said:

Anybody know where I can find glass fog lights for my ‘99.5? Looking to replace the plastic OEM ones now that they’re all murky and cloudy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In your profile pic, and your account pic, you don’t even have fog lights.....

• Like 3

In your profile pic, and your account pic, you don’t even have fog lights.....

Haha that’s an old photo. I got OEM fog lights about three years ago to replace the little plastic inserts, but those did NOT last long and now they’re aged beyond restoration.

And they don’t make glass ones for your year model

Yeah I know, I was just wondering if anybody knew any third-party glass upgrades.

I dont think they make glass fog lights for an OEM replacement for the R50

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They didn’t make glass OEM fogs. I just wanted to know if anybody was aware of a third-party glass upgrade.

2 minutes ago, joshualaw205 said:

They didn’t make glass OEM fogs. I just wanted to know if anybody was aware of a third-party glass upgrade.

now I am confused... my fog lights are oem glass..

14 minutes ago, joshualaw205 said:

Haha that’s an old photo. I got OEM fog lights about three years ago to replace the little plastic inserts, but those did NOT last long and now they’re aged beyond restoration.

I guess I’m done then. This is confusing. Maybe you could also clear up your dealer installed rear “vacuum” locker, your dealer installed front LSD, and your dealer installed 27 gallon gas tank that you claim to have? Or why you say you have a 99.5 with the off-road package, but no tire carrier or SE Limited badging (My dad owned an ACTUAL 99.5 w/ off-road package when I was in elementary, and it’s been at the local JY for months. It had the tire carrier (which I pulled off and shipped to another R50 owner), SE limited badging, and came with fog lights). Or the tow package that you have? What does the “trailer” button that I’ve seen photos of do?

pr4j5dc.png

Or maybe you could articulate to everyone how you received a factory installed 1” lift? I’d honestly appreciate evidence and explanation of all of these modifications that you claim to have, you would certainly have the most capable “stock” pathfinder around. It seems like most attempts to hash this out don’t go very far. I really want to understand how you got a dealer to completely modify your front and rear diffs, gas tank, and suspension. I’d also like to know why you have the only 99.5 off-road package without badging, tire carrier, or fog lights. 

Heres a brush up on the info we’re talking about

9MmbwLX.png

HjxOT3D.png

IkuUjqW.png

nnzII6S.png

R50’s like yours were only sold in the west? I’m interested in this one too

Bi5BeFz.jpg

I’ve heard all about this mean dealer installed machine, and I think everyone would enjoy seeing the inner workings of your lockers, LSD, suspension lift, and oversized gas tank. Have a good one!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Oh come on let him be. He didn’t bring it on this forum, did he?

Thanks man. Since everybody is intrigued (and quite passive-aggressive), I’ll share the whole story as to how I got all this from the dealer. So stay tuned...

• Confused 1

Really? I didn’t think they made those. What model year is your Pathy?

2003 le. they are definitely oem. they say nissan on them

IMG_0016.JPG

2003 le. they are definitely oem. they say nissan on them 
IMG_0016.thumb.JPG.6653e3127c9ef6dcc8a7c5b05df29e25.JPG

Damn, I didn’t know those existed! But hey, you learn something new every day. I’ll continue my search for those! Thanks for letting me know.

14 minutes ago, onespiritbrain said:

Oh come on let him be. He didn’t bring it on this forum, did he?

tenor.gif

Lying about having an off road package and having fog lights on the forum seems like bringing it onto the forum. 

Here's what I think. Obviously we have a great community of great people on here who all share the same passion: their Pathfinders. When it comes down to it, we want this to be a place where people can talk about what they have and what they've done with their cars for what they actually are. In a perfect world nobody should feel the need to lie about what they have to try and give themselves a persona of being special. The fact is, everyone's car is special to themselves regardless of the fact that to everyone else it may just be another stock rig.

When I first got my Pathfinder handed down to me from my folks, I loved it to death because it was mine and to me it was the best car I could have. To everyone else it was just a boring stock Pathfinder, but to me it was beast. Our goal here should be to be able to relate to that, and take that passion for a vehicle and help talk with and guide people into building and modifying their car to be exactly what they want, which is what so many people on here helped me with a few years ago when I first started modifications.

There is absolutely no shame in having a stock and unoriginal vehicle, because that's where literally everyone has to start. The only thing we decide is how to talk to and help people who are in that place we used to be, and not act in a way that would make people feel like they have to lie about what they have. I haven't been on here a lot recently so obviously I don't know all the influence that's going on, but from everyone I know personally on here there are no actions I see that would seemingly make anyone feel they need to be untruthful about what they have. Everyone I know on here is nothing but helpful and direct when it comes to helping guide people to how to add certain things to their cars, and the right way, so I don't think it's the forum that's the problem.

But we don't need to get into why the truth was or wasn't told. I think the only thing that needs to be made clear at this point is what we expect from our community. Making up information about what you drive should not be tolerated, there's nothing to gain from it on either side. This forum is here as an awesome resource for people who have questions and want to talk about their cars, and we want it to stay that way. I know a lot of people on here that rock NPORA stickers on their cars, and everyone who does so is presenting this website and this group to all the people of the world in a way. Each person represents NPORA when they rock the sticker, and we want a good image portrayed to anyone who may be able to or be interested in coming on the forum. If we have people badly representing us, it'll keep people from wanting to come on here, and NPORA will become a wasted and unused resource to anyone new who may hav otherwise been able to use it.

That said, as a friendly and welcoming and helpful community to everyone in every stage of build, there should be no need to stretch the truth, only to be honest and seek actual answers! 

giphy.gif

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, micahfelker said:

tenor.gif

Lying about having an off road package and having fog lights on the forum seems like bringing it onto the forum. 

So are you saying we don't have to lie to kick it?

and...

we should get rid of those that don't show us their vehicles up front or who contribute inaccurate regurgitated knowledge? ??

2 hours ago, joshualaw205 said:

Thanks man. Since everybody is intrigued (and quite passive-aggressive), I’ll share the whole story as to how I got all this from the dealer. So stay tuned...

so can we see some more pics of your car?.. like tonight

your rear locker switch really intrigues me 

4 minutes ago, R50JR said:

so can we see some more pics of your car?.. like tonight

your rear locker switch really intrigues me 

the one that gets me is the trailer light switch. thats just matched with the headlight switches normally

• Like 2

Wait, I knew that trailer switch looked so familiar. I went to take a look at my dash and I have the same thing!!!

You_Doodle_2019-08-21T03_59_52Z.jpg