gabod7

Hey all, my names bradley and i live in pine mountain, georgia. im 16, 17 in less than a month.i just picked up my Pathfinder saturday. its my second car. its a black 88 5spd 4x4. somethin i've been lookin for a while. i got it for a whopping 950 bucks. only a few things wrong with it. the drivers window will roll down, but wont back up (i have to pull it up by hand). me and dad took apart the door, but cant seem to figure out whats wrong? the alternator belt is too big, so it makes a loud squeeling noise that is annoying, but i got a new belt today, so we just gotta install that and it'll be good again i guess. the moon roof latch thing is broke in half. the fender and turn signal got all busted up with the previous owner, but i fixed that tonight with a winch, so it's sorta straitened out now. theres a slight oil leak, and the clutch is slipping. i know for a fact though that the 4wd works perfect, as i found out today gettin stuck in a big hiney mud hole.

my first car was a 93 taurus. exhaust work, some engine crap done, but i totaled that car after 6 months, so i hope this one will work out a little better.

i got a few questions though. im sure as i used to hear at tauruscarclub.com forums, use the search feature, but im wondering should i go with a 3 inch body lift first and what sizes tires will that run? also, anybody have a firestik and has it given you any problems..

thanks

Edited by gabod7

Welcome to the club!

Youre right - the search function will do wonders, but if all else fails, ask. You will probably find a lot of info in the Garage Section, and also the section for your year pathy.

My hubby used to have a firestikon his X, and had no problems with it, got pretty decent range. The only reason we changed it, was to upsize it to a bigger antenna.

Welcome...

I have a firestik and it's been real good, and it smacks my garage every time I go in and out, not to mention all the tree limbs its hit. Just put a good spring at the bottom, and keep the rubber on the top... I superglued mine on after I found it on the garage floor.

Welcome! WAVEY Another 2 door pathy, you belong to a select club and don't let the 4 doorers tell you otherwise :P

And pics! Post some pics!

My first car was also a Taurus and I also wrecked mine several months after getting it. :laugh: Weird huh?

Pictures can be added to any forum area. If you want to post more than one picture host the pictures on another websites (a geocities account will suffice) and then use the "IMG" button to insert the picture. The IMG button will ask you for the web address for your pic so have it copied and ready to paste.

If you need some help with any of this ask and I'll be more than happy to go into more detail.