1994 Pathfinder lift with pics

evan55

Yeah I know! it really kills the mood when out driving a trail and you have to get out every couple miles to check on the nuts. I used blue loctite before. I'm either going to try red loctite or just get new nuts. 

Thanks guys, I ended up bringing it into the store, it is M14x1.5 

I went with just a nyloc nut instead of the lock washer and nut

Edited by evan55
  • Like 2

On 9/16/2019 at 11:31 AM, adamzan said:

Take it into a good fastener store and they should be able to find the right ones. You'll want a grade 10.9 nut as well.

Looking back now, I don't think the nuts I purchased are 10.9. The store didn't have any grade 8 or 10 nuts in this size. Is it really necessary to have a grade 8 or 10 nut ? Just wondering if I need to pull these nyloc ones off now.. 

So in metric grade 8.8 is equivalent to standard grade 5. 10.9 in metric is standard grade 8. If the nut held the torque it is probably okay. But just something to be aware of and a lot of people get confused.

• Like 2

What size rims and tires are on your pathfinder when you posted this topic right after your lift?  I want to lift it and get new tires, but I don’t know if I need to get bigger rims and tires or just bigger tires.  I like the way your tires fill the wheel well, which is why I am asking you.

On 9/22/2019 at 9:31 PM, Darrow12 said:

What size rims and tires are on your pathfinder when you posted this topic right after your lift?  I want to lift it and get new tires, but I don’t know if I need to get bigger rims and tires or just bigger tires.  I like the way your tires fill the wheel well, which is why I am asking you.

31x10.5R15 BFG KO2s on stock lego wheels

• 2 months later...

How did you get the rear springs to fit?  One end of the jgc spring is a smaller diameter than the other end.  I am doing a similar suspension set up to yours and I am not sure how to put the new rear springs in.  Thank you.

2 hours ago, Mr_Reverse said:

When I did my springs, I cut the pigtail off to let the spring fit. My Jeep springs were 4" lift coils that I wound up cutting a coil off to get them to fit and the desired height. 

Your springs we not stock springs were they?  The jgc moog part number that evan55 posted and used were for stock ‘95 jgc springs, and those are about 1.5” shorter than the stock springs I pulled out of my ‘95 pathfinder.  I fear if I cut that pig tail off, the rear of my truck will sit too low.

How much lift are you after with these springs? They have a higher load rating than the Pathfinder springs so they might be shorter uncompressed, but installed, not as compressed so you have lift. The Ford F150 springs I had in there before were about 5-6" shorter than the Pathfinder springs, so had problems with the right one falling out when flexed on the trail. However, they were so stiff, they held the rear bumper about 3" higher. Also allowed me to carry 1500+# in the back without too much squat. Made for a terrible ride though unless I had at least 800# in the back. The Jeep Grand Cherokee front 4" lift coils gave me the 5" of lift I was after and a much better ride. Solved the falling out problem too, though a bunch of zip-ties got me through a couple of Moab trips with the Ford springs. I don't recall the part number for mine, but I think they came in a Moog box, I ordered them through a local 4x4 shop. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2019 at 9:41 PM, Darrow12 said:

How did you get the rear springs to fit?  One end of the jgc spring is a smaller diameter than the other end.  I am doing a similar suspension set up to yours and I am not sure how to put the new rear springs in.  Thank you.

Cut the pigtail end off. I used a zip disc on an angle grinder.

• 3 months later...
On 7/20/2019 at 10:58 PM, evan55 said:

Hey guys,

I just finished installing a suspension lift on my pathfinder. Front is new Rough Country UCA's with Rancho RS5214 shocks. Rear is JGC V8 springs, which I just bought new (MOOG CC782) and Rancho RS5116 shocks. In the front I adjusted the torsion bars to give a 1.5" lift, and the rear springs gave me 2.5 inch of lift.

I think I need to raise the front a bit more to match the rear, but the issue is the UCA's are 1/4" from touching the bumpstops. Maybe I need lower profile upper bumpstops? any ideas?

Also the front has excessive positive camber, hopefully the alignment shop can get it back in spec.

WyJCNT.jpg

WyJ63z.jpg

WyJkg5.jpg

Hey I’m looking to install the CC 782 springs and they are not fitting with the 1994 set up. The diameter of the springs seem to be different. Did you make any modifications?