Just got back from Barnwell Mountian (pics)

TrailChaser

I just got back from the best weekend I've had in a long time... I went to Barnwell Mountian ORV park here in Texas with TNT (Texas Nissan Trucks), and it was unbelievable... We crawled up some trails that had insane angles... Then there was the axle twisters. "the locker came in real handy there." I love having one front wheel off the ground and one back wheel off the ground just tipping back and forth till you gas on it. We also did some 40+ deg off camber rides (Clyde's Ravine) It's the one in the pics that everyone is about an inch from the wall with the drivers side... I didn't have the balls to run it the first time I saw it... Then later on we did a night run (tons of funs) and kinda ended up back at the ravine... I was feeling a lot better about my pathys abilities by this time so I tried it, and it was wild... I thought at one point we were gonna tip over and hit the side/wall. It probly wouldn't have been too bad if I did tip over. I would've only tipped about 2 inches and been against the soft dirt... We made it thru alright and w/out hitting anything... Come to think about it it didn't get any damage this weekend, not even new pinstripping.

Here's a link to the pics... The guy who took the pics (PoorBoy) did an excellent job of getting tons of great shots... He got a few good ones of the ol TrailChaser....

I paid $40 for an annual membership to that park so I'll definatly be going back pretty soon... We didn't have to break out the straps till the night run, and it was a sheep that needed the help. :cool2:

Precise1:

That dent still kinda bugs me. It was real bad after the wife wrecked it. I took a big piece of wood and a bigger hammer to it and beat it into the condition it's in now... I got most of it strait, but that dent wasn't gonna budge without making things worse because of the bracket that holds it on the truck.

DJ Dank:

That X is real nice. He's got it set-up pretty good. He never had to use the winch either. It's the photographers rig.

Airrun:

My wife actually told me that was the best trip she's ever been on, and she was cool with me trying whatever I thought I could make it thru... That made my day, and maybe I'll get a little more $$$ for upgrades w/out all the sh!t... We don't have anything like that around where I live either (Houston is FLAT). That's about a 5hr drive North if you count stopping for food, gas, stretching, kids peeing, and washing the truck after leaving... But it was without a dought worth the drive. We had to go there anyway to drop off my step-son for a kid swap with his bio-dad. That park was only about 45 miles up the road from Marshall, TX where we meet.

Duffman:

I've looked thru those 22 pages of pics with my wife about 5 times so far... Good memories. :aok:

Nice shots! How nice is it to see green!! OUr trees are only starting to bug here - so everything is brown.

I like the white fronty and the '05 :) (pezzy has a crush on frontiers)

Nice shots! How nice is it to see green!! OUr trees are only starting to bug here - so everything is brown.

I like the white fronty and the '05 :) (pezzy has a crush on frontiers)

That white Fronty is the Pres. of the clubs... It's a d@mn nice rig. He's got skids covering everything under it, it's locked front and rear with air lockers, lights all over the bottom that you can't see to good in the pics for rock crawling at night, oh and did I mention it's supercharged... The 05 is a real nice rig too. He has a locker in the rear and it was originally a 2wd fronty. A friend of his did a SAS on an X and sent him the complete frontend/tranny/t-case in a crate. He installed it on the fronty and now he's got a 4wd... I'm pretty sure he's got skids covering the bottom... I know that Poorboys X has skids, but I think he's either lsd or open diff...

Wow looks like you guys had a lotta fun :aok: -bounce-

But where was the pathy love? There are barely any pics of your pathy in action. I really like the green grill mod on that black hardbody.

Finally what is up with that grey Heep? Don't tell me that it has a PVC pipe bumper because that's what it looks like from the pics.

Wow looks like you guys had a lotta fun :aok: -bounce-

But where was the pathy love? There are barely any pics of your pathy in action. I really like the green grill mod on that black hardbody.

Finally what is up with that grey Heep? Don't tell me that it has a PVC pipe bumper because that's what it looks like from the pics.

I was really glad when I saw that jeep, because I knew if that thing could get thru something I could for sure... As for why I'm not in more pics. I didn't show up till about 2:30pm and everyone else was there early, plus I'm the new guy you know how that can be... But everyone was totally cool and it was a learning experiance for me. I'll be more confident in my abilities and the pathy's capablity next time I go. The off camber stuff is hard to get used to.

Here's a link to my geocities offroading page. Here's a couple of pics from there.

herkclydesravine002.jpg

poorboy001.jpg

bmra03.jpg

My wife actually told me that was the best trip she's ever been on, and she was cool with me trying whatever I thought I could make it thru... That made my day...

That'll make my day too.. If you can get the girlfriend/wife to be confident in what you're doing, wheeling would be so much easier. I know the Pathy is basically stock, but it's not like I'm hitting serious trails. How did you convince her? Hehehe, I think we'd all like to know.

One of the main contributing factors was the greyish/blueish Heep with the pvc pipe looking bumper...(I think it's a steel pipe bumper painted white.) I pretty much just said "If that stock sheep can do it I KNOW we can"

DSC05314.jpg

If you can go on a trail run with someone who has a visibly less capable truck in front of you it shouldn't be a problem. :P

She did have a really good time... The only time I can remember her bitching about what I was doing was when I got bored cause we were sitting still for a while and I decided to climb the side of the trail till it felt like we would flip... She was not to happy. :D I told her I was just playin. :huh:

This just in... OnlyOneDR from TexasNissanTrucks.com just posted his pics and he took of the night run... Which means, *drum roll* he took pics of me going thru Clyde's Ravine...

Here's the link to all OnlyOnesDR's pics. If you just change the # on the end of the addy you won't have to keep hittin back or Alt <-

Here's the pics. I know, it was dark and you can't really see sh*t. I'm just glad I've got some pics of the pathy running it.

workweekend096.jpg

workweekend097.jpg

workweekend098.jpg

workweekend099.jpg