Wheres can i punch through the fire wall?

Where is the best spot to go through the fire wall on the 97 R50? I've heard that the clutch cover is good but i have a standard so theres kinda a clutch pedal there. Where else would be a good spot to route wires from the cab to the engine bay if not the fire wall. Any spot is a good spot right now so any and all info on this is helpful.

How big of a hole do you need? For my electric brake controller on my 2001, I found a knock out rubber plug about an inch outboard of the hood cable release into the driver wheel well. I routed the wires behind the plastic splash guard and into the under hood area through the large pass through.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Strato_54 said:

Where is the best spot to go through the fire wall on the 97 R50? I've heard that the clutch cover is good but i have a standard so theres kinda a clutch pedal there. Where else would be a good spot to route wires from the cab to the engine bay if not the fire wall. Any spot is a good spot right now so any and all info on this is helpful.

You can go up through the gap in the back of the  hood and just run it into your door from there, no need to punch holes. But it’s not the cleanest look to have wires exposed when you open the door

Edited by PathyDude17

2 minutes ago, PathyDude17 said:

You can go up through the gap in the back of the  hood and just run it into your door from there, no need to punch holes. But it’s not the cleanest look to have wires exposed when you open the door

For something like that its functional with no added work so im happy. Only ill notice it so it can just bug my ocd lmao. Thanks 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, colinnwn said:

How big of a hole do you need? For my electric brake controller on my 2001, I found a knock out rubber plug about an inch outboard of the hood cable release into the driver wheel well. I routed the wires behind the plastic splash guard and into the under hood area through the large pass through.

Same reason, a brake controller lol. I found my way to go through dash to engine bay but how did you run your wires to the rear?

Same reason, a brake controller lol. I found my way to go through dash to engine bay but how did you run your wires to the rear?
Interesting. I never found another clean way through the dash.

From the driver wheel well, I ran them down to the lower door frame, down the inside of the side step to the back, near the trailing arm, and around the rear drivers wheel well, right to where my 4 way connector already was on the left back side.

I ran it in 3/8 in wire loom for extra protection.

Just now, colinnwn said:

Interesting. I never found another clean way through the dash.

From the driver wheel well, I ran them down to the lower door frame, down the inside of the side step to the back, near the trailing arm, and around the rear drivers wheel well, right to where my 4 way connector already was on the left back side.

I ran it in 3/8 in wire loom for extra protection.

I was just going to run conduit to the back some where but i wasn't sure where a good spot would be out of the way of things