01 Pathfinder Start Help ASAP

PrecisionX

I have an 01 Pathfinder with a 3.5 and 212k. The alternator is a year old and the battery is less than that.  I started up my truck this morning just fine and I’ve been driving it all day but when I went to shut it off to get fuel it would not start.  I tried three more times and it would not start I gave it a minute and then it turned over .  Is my starter on its way out and if so how easy is it to replace ? I am not even getting a click when it decides not to start

3.3 sucks to change. I’m not sure about the 3.5 but even with it sucking you can do it if you’ve got the tools. I always make a longish extension and go at it from in front of the subframe.

Umm I know when my starter has died in the past it usually clicks instead of starting for a while before completely dying.

If you can, the next time it refuses to crank, climb under the truck and give the starter a good whack with a hammer, but make sure not to hit the wiring or plug.

You can get the full service manual here, which should have the torque spec listed on the exploded diagram. Probably in the EM section somewhere. I did mine up to the old German spec, gutentite.

Check your battery terminals too.

• 3 weeks later...
3.3 sucks to change. I’m not sure about the 3.5 but even with it sucking you can do it if you’ve got the tools. I always make a longish extension and go at it from in front of the subframe.

Umm I know when my starter has died in the past it usually clicks instead of starting for a while before completely dying.

If you can, the next time it refuses to crank, climb under the truck and give the starter a good whack with a hammer, but make sure not to hit the wiring or plug.

The hammer trick has worked for me, my starter has started to go out I think. I’ve had to bang on it three times in the past two months.

If I were to replace it, should I just confirm the details with a new one? The OEM part on courtesy nissan is almost $300 while most others online are less than $100.

Any recommendations or specific things to look for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk