Unique Wheels

jlduthie

Anyone heard of these guys or have experience with them? Was looking for Pro Comp Series 51 but my local shop (Edmonton, AB) suggested the Unique Daytonas. These are no longer on their site but there's something similar called the Series 42 so thinking the Daytonas are old stock. Here's their site if you're curious: https://www.carlstargroup.com/brands/unique

Thoughts?

Thanks for replies! They're about 125-150 Canadian pesos per wheel installed (I can't remember the exact price I was quoted - long day haha).

I that case I would probably go with something cheaper. A steel wheel is a steel wheel, and it looks like you could save a lot of money getting some online. Pretty much anything with a 6x5.5 bolt pattern will work

Looks a lot like the Cragar soft 8, and various other steelies out there. Haven't heard of them but I don't see anything obviously wrong with them. Probably good to check backspacing before ordering them up, though.

Not sure why their website asked for a password, that was weird.

unique wheel is owned by Carlisle tire co. discount tire/americas tires uses them a lot. they make the procomp steel wheels also.its the same company they just put there label on it ike Nissan/infiniti. Honda Acura.. like mb wheels from discount tire there made by a company called leoho they make a lot of OEM gm wheels. Honda wheels. velox wheels. 

• Like 2

Thanks all. Didn't know that about Carlisle.

Given that with our dollar up here the price from my local guy wasn't far off steelies from Summit after dollar conversion/customs/shipping I ended up ordering a set but when the shop tried to mount the tires they told me they found that all 4 rims were either bent or out of true! Anyone heard of this happening? Knowing that Carlisle group makes wheels for so many brands I'm thinking this is some sort of huge S&H issue.  The shop has a great rep so I'm inclined to believe them.

In any case going to do what was suggested above and order some wheels — and many other parts — and get started on this project!  Build thread to come.

Had it happen once with a set of 10" wide Centerline Hellcats on a Tahoe.  Still have the centers somewhere from the bad set...  Had no issues exchanging (I forget who they were bought through... I mean Hellcats were actually considered a 'current' wheel at the time).  Can't give any experience on Cragar copy's though

it does happen where sets are "out of round" the crappy thing about steel wheels is they really are never true. they are 3 separate pieces of steel welded together. not a single piece. , I used to see it on occasion when I ran the tire shop.  

Carlisle makes the wheels and they also make green ball tires. there the same company.  like Goodyear is dunlop and Kelly.  Michelin makes bfg and uniroyal. brigdestone makes Firestone. Cooper-continental. one thing I have learned being in the industry and riding crotch rockets in the past is that you don't go cheap on tires and wheels. there the only thing keeping you planted on the ground. as far as wheeling we all know traction Is key to moving up and through a trail/track

• Like 1