fuel problem

mrsteve

now my 2003 Nissan, it only runs as long as I feed it gaseline through one of the hoses coming from the breather. when I stop pouring gas into it,the truck  will stop running. Fuel pressure holds at 40 and does not leak off. I can hear fuel pump up when I turn on the key.

I blew out all lines from tank forward. I pumped out all fuel from enjecteres, emptied all fuel from the gastank, replaced all fuses under dash that were connected to fuel . and installed new fuel filter.

it just acts like it is not getting gas on its own to keep running.

does anyone know what else I can do?

I Checked fuel rail and injector. When I take number 1 plug out, turning over engine and placing paper towel over the spark plug hole I do not have any wetness on the paper towel.

I also took fuel rail out after removing plentem. retested injectors with 30 lb of pressure and all is fine, so no cloge. I am assuming something is telling injector not to fire.

I  have never run into anything like this ever.

Any advice is very much appreciated.

On the dash, under one of the air vents, is a red security light. Looks like that light comes on steady with the key in the on position if the immobilizer doesn't see the key chip it wants, and it tells the ECU to prevent the engine from starting if that's the case. I'm not sure whether that's cutting power to the starter, the injectors, or the ignition, but if the light's on, something's wrong. It's supposed to flash when the ignition's off to draw attention to itself.

I didn't find a wiring diagram for the injectors from just skimming the manual (it's probably in there somewhere), but it looks like they're ground switched. I assume they share a + feed. If that + feed is damaged, then none of the injectors would get power regardless of what the computer tried to do. The manual says to not check across the injector plug pins with a meter for fear of somehow damaging the transistors that drive the injectors, but instead test from the + wire to some other ground (battery post, intake manifold, whatever). I'd work out which wire to the injectors is supposed to be +, then check for power there while cranking. If the + wire is live, then the computer's not commanding the injectors on for some reason. If the + wire is dead, then dig through the manual for a wiring diagram and see what could be shutting down that circuit.

You can download the service manual here. The EC and EL sections will likely have what you need buried somewhere under all the hand-holding for how to use Nissan's Consult system. Good luck!

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your help. I will follow the leads all of you gave me. I was able to get a new scanner I purchased the other day called Blue Driver.

It gave me an error code of PO5050. which is Idle air controler. Not sure why this would happen. Sounds like I have a lot of electrical to check out which is not my greatest achavement.

I will post back here what I discovered. Any more advice is well appreciated.

It seems very odd to me that I can pour gas in the throttle body and  it and it runs buetiful but will not run on its own. This is first Nissan I ever owned. Wow they are very complicated. Again thank you so very much! If you thank of anything else please let me know.

I have no indicator lights below my vents. Starter and ignition work fine.

After thinking about this my problem with Nissan not running on its own. My injectors must be firing. if I pour gas down a tube by throttle body you can rev the motor and it will run normal and can be revved up as long as you keep pouring in the gas. Does anyone know if the throttle would withhold the gas and bring the PO505 error if the idle air control sensor is not working properly?

And if it is the case should I clean it or buy another one for over $166.00 (from Napa Auto). I have limited funds.

Please Advise

Your advice is very much appreciated to this pour boy it is my only form of transportation, I need to get my truck running.

The idle air system on the VQ35 is known to damage the ECU when it shorts out. My understanding is that only the transistor(s?) that drive the idle air valve are damaged, which can make the engine stall out, but shouldn't be causing your no-fuel condition. Might be worth looking into? I haven't done much research into it given that I don't have a VQ. I'm surprised the '03 would even have an idle motor, given that it's got an electronic throttle body. (And no, as far as I'm aware the throttle body shouldn't be able to do anything to the fuel system.)

How'd the issue start? Was it having problems for a while, or just wouldn't go one morning? Any other symptoms beforehand? Might help for tracking down the problem. (My money's still on an electrical problem with the injector harness, though I would've expected it to notice that and throw a code.)

Edited by Slartibartfast

Thank you for sticking with me on this it is my son and I only transportation, I am a single dad, so I can only work on it while he is in school.

How it started was: I purchased the truck with the owner telling me it had a blown head gasket(so I got it cheap). I replaced head gasket, Timing belt etc. When trying to start it back up I found the distributor would not fire. So I replaced it. Then I found water in the gas from setting for about a year. Emptied the tank, replaced fuel filter, blew all fuel lines out and sucked the gas out of fuel rail with a small pump. Checked fuel pressure it holds steady at 43 lbs. Then with 15 lb of pressure blew fuel rail out through return line and checked all ejector for spray and put electric on them to pulse them. the engine is a VG33

All repairs went fine. Went to fire the truck and it was a no start. Poured gas down a little round tube going to the throttle body beside air filter and  Truck started and as long as I poured gas down that tube it ran great when out of gas it would stop. So checked with

Blue Drive
scanner and got PO505 error.  It remains that way today.

OK, Problem solved. I had someone else look at the because did not know what to do. what he found was a electrical problem in the wiring harness.

It was in the pin being bent over that supplied juice to the fuel rain.

Thank you very much for all the input and suggestions.

• Like 1