02 SE r50 build - Buttercup

Buttercup

Almost seems like a shame to bedline a clean truck, but it would help break up the beige. I'd say go for it. Flat black's good at making things disappear, so it seems like the perfect choice for those rims, but might not be worth it if you're going to replace them anyway (might make them harder to get rid of).

19 minutes ago, PathyDude17 said:

YUA8Aw7.jpg

For reference, here’s how my black plasti dip enhanced with glossifier turned out, I’m definitely a fan of it.

Looks nice! Why not bring the black down onto the front bumper a bit to finish off that fender flare look? What wheel are those? I really like them!!! 

Almost seems like a shame to bedline a clean truck, but it would help break up the beige. I'd say go for it. Flat black's good at making things disappear, so it seems like the perfect choice for those rims, but might not be worth it if you're going to replace them anyway (might make them harder to get rid of).

You have a great point with those rims, I’ll take that into consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

YUA8Aw7.jpg
For reference, here’s how my black plasti dip enhanced with glossifier turned out, I’m definitely a fan of it.

Yeah, that looks sweet!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sjackson2 said:

Looks nice! Why not bring the black down onto the front bumper a bit to finish off that fender flare look? What wheel are those? I really like them!!! 

I didn’t really feel like trying to be an artist with that, would’ve been a little difficult to get that line nailed down. As for the wheels, there in my profile page. DX4 Gear Wheels, 15x8 3.75 BS. I got them before I realized fake beadlocks were a thing, but oh well. Sorry to thread hijack @Buttercup

Edited by PathyDude17
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Buttercup said:

cb5b3857d5f7fb2e13538cfc798e999c.jpg

Just for reference this is that picture unedited, so how it looks right now.

If it where my vehicle in that color, leave it stock for now. That’s a really good color and fine looking paint. Wait until you get new wheels/tires and then decide if you need to change other stuff to complement them, as the wheels are more permanent than is the color of you fenders and bumper. 

If it where my vehicle in that color, leave it stock for now. That’s a really good color and fine looking paint. Wait until you get new wheels/tires and then decide if you need to change other stuff to complement them, as the wheels are more permanent than is the color of you fenders and bumper. 

That’s what I’ve been planning, but trying to gradually have in mind what I’d like to do to it so I could budget it out. It’s likely next year will come around and I won’t have done much at all to her, but at that point I’d know what I want. Just picking through ideas right now

30 minutes ago, Buttercup said:

That’s what I’ve been planning, but trying to gradually have in mind what I’d like to do to it so I could budget it out. It’s likely next year will come around and I won’t have done much at all to her, but at that point I’d know what I want. Just picking through ideas right now

Totally understandable. if you had given me 5k dollars last october when i got the vehicle versus 5k now, you'd see two very different pathfinders. Best of luck!

Totally understandable. if you had given me 5k dollars last october when i got the vehicle versus 5k now, you'd see two very different pathfinders. Best of luck!

Thanks!

I have spare r50 headlights . Just need a good cleaning . Give me $10 and pay shipping and they are yours.

I’m interested!

Replaced my fan clutch this week and had some fun off-roading. She wasn’t doing too bad for stock. 5453084891822336e6c6a586f646af9e.jpg
7c8715a30323205510ab09dcf4a450f7.jpg
The mud blends right in

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It’s been too long since I’ve really made a post on here, but with school and work steady right now I’m gonna start some much needed TLC and upgrades soon to follow. With the truck around 195k(ish) ALL the fluids are due. There’s a small power steering leak somewhere, a slight looseness in the steering wheel, possibly a tie rod and minor interior updates from the age, MAF Clean, Throttle body Clean. Maintenance wise, what else should I be looking for in the truck?

In terms of Suspension upgrades, the plan is identical to Pathydude17 as I’ve witnessed in person how well his setup functions.

Steelies with most likely Wild-peaks will be mounted among all the smaller bits and pieces that come with the lift.

• Like 2