'87 P/F vg30i to vg33e engine swap

zchase1

Thanks you guys! I'm going to step away from project for a few days and calm down a bit. I am leaning towards just writing off loss and maybe turn my attention back to the vg30 that's in the P/F now. Will probable just sell off usable parts from vg33 (e.c.u., injection system and heads,crank,rods and pistons) and bail on the swap. It's going to take a few months to recover financially, if I was a smarter man, I would have spent the money on tires and front end work that's also needed. Woulda, coulda, shoud've I guess! Lesson learned.

I've decided to move project over to my facebook account, but probably won't post anything new for awhile. I have posted a few high res pics showing the cylinder rust if you want to check them out. I may get the P/F in the garage in the next week or so, and get back to working on it and will post project from there. The engine swap is on total hold for now, cleaning up my mess and making room in garage. If your on face book, send me a friend request, would love to stay in touch. My account name on F/B is " Drone Tek " cover foto is a drone in flight with sunset on mountains in the back ground. I have requested to join NPORRA on F/B but haven't been acccepted. I will be following that site when I get accepted to the group. See ya on the other side (he,he).

• 3 weeks later...

Final update on project... Well, I "was" highly motivated to do this project but with mr510's crank pulleys no longer available and getting totally burned by ALNJDM engines I have decided to scrap the project and cut my losses. Pic n pull is coming by today to pick up everything including my wd21!

• Sad 1

Hard to believe, but this story has developed a "chapter 2". Call it "fate", "dumb luck" or "divine" intervention (if you believe in that kinda thing) but the tow truck driver (Ramone) from  pic-n-pull turned out to be a pathfinder enthusiast like me. He has 2 mid 90's wd21 4 doors and could not believe I was going to scrap mine, he said it was the nicest 2dr he had ever seen (I thought maybe he was going to offer to buy it from me). I told him my long winded "sad tale of woe"  regarding my project. He told me he had a cousin (Victor) that had been parting out his rolled '02 xterra for the past year and was getting ready to scrap what was left (I assume he got the insurance payoff from it). What he had left of it was...  the body shell, frame and ironically... the engine block, complete with pistons and crank (300k miles on it). He said if I gave him $75.00 to cancel the tow (I was having second thoughts anyway) he would talk to his cousin for me. I figured what the hell, so I did and gave Ramone  my #. Long story even longer, two weeks later and several attempts at getting together with Victor, I now have a replacement vg33 block as well as my beloved '87 2 dr.. Victor sold me the block complete with pistons, rods and crank for  $50.00 bucks (it even turns over) and 2 cases of Modelo beer! I am still finding this hard to believe, this kinda thing does not usually happen to me!  Hopefully this will turn my luck around for the better and I will get this project done after all! ?

• Like 3