Parts??

I've bought quite a few parts from Rockauto, but it takes a little screwing around to make the shipping make sense. Amazon's got free shipping, RA's got cheaper parts prices, so which one I buy from usually depends on how much I'm buying at once and whether RA's got it in the same warehouse (they combine shipping if the parts are shipped from the same location). There's also a Rockauto discount code thread on here somewhere.

If you want OEM stuff, there are a few dealers online you can check (including Courtesy Parts and factorynissanparts). OEM Surplus has some odds and ends you might not find elsewhere, though I haven't bought anything there myself.

• Like 1

Odd that they don't carry any basic parts, but they should at least be able to order them.  What company is it? Is it a chain or is it at least associated with one of the major chains?

In addition to RockAuto, which has good prices and Slartibartfast has a valid point regarding shipping in his post above. Don't forget to check the vendor section for a discount code, you can also use Advanced Auto. Search the web for discount codes for Advance Auto if you go that route, they always have them and they always save a bunch of money.

• Like 1

It is kind of ridiculous. Since some of the stuff on an 87 pathfinder was used even in the (up to) 2004 Xterra. I usually have to wait 1-3 days to order things or just buy from Rockauto.

There are less and less of our vehicles on the road everyday.  parts houses are only going to carry parts for the most popular cars. they only have so much stock room. 

I have also noticed after market parts going out of stock online, and the prices doubling. the warn manual locking hub are now $300  for the wd21.  i bought mine for $130 10 years ago. and spares for $160 5 years ago.

less and less vehicles at the junkyard as well. 

• 2 months later...

Assuming that you really do mean the Regulator (on the Throttle Body) and not the Damper (part of fuel pump assembly) I did a quick search, limited to Advance, Autozone, Napa & RockAuto, didn't fine a "factory replacement" but there were several aftermarket option that would require the need of custom adaption to be used.  Now that is in no way saying that OEM options are not available from 3rd party suppliers... Have you called a local, or online discount Nissan Dealer?  Also, they seldom fail and if yours truely has, consider getting one from a wrecking yard. :aok:

• 6 months later...