Rockauto brake kits

poachr

Never used that kit myself, looks like they include ceramic from pads and semi-metallic rears. Hopefully they are of decent quality, same goes for the rotors. :shrug:

If you do order them, or anything else from RockAuto make sure you check this thread out first. ;)

Thanks RP88, 

i got several of the discount codes from the other parts I have bought from them. I can't believe that no one else from this forum hasn't purchased them.

Hmm, never considered that. Not sure why you would want or need performance brakes on a Pathfinder? But that's the great thing about having all the different parts available to do what appeals to you, and it doesn't have to make sense.

• Like 1

I have the Powerstop HD towing kit. Its worth every penny for towing but has proven not so great for off road conditions here in WA becuase the slotted and drilled rotors allow grit and silt into the mix and wear the rotors and pads quickly. 

During my multiple trips back and forth betweeen WA and CA when we were moving I had a bunch of emergency stops with my fully loaded 18ft trailer (usually in Portland becuase they're terrible drivers) and the brakes paid for themselves. On long downhill off road descents they perform great and bite hard. As soon as I started crossing rivers and going through lots of mud they degraded quickly.

If getting any performance oriented brakes for these trucks keep that in mind. My current set of rotors will be the last slotted/drilled type. 

I've never run drilled and/or slotted on any of my 4x4's,  partly for the reasons mentioned regarding mud and grit, but mostly because standard rotors have always given me good across-the-board performance. However I always do look for quality thick rotors and not cheaper thin walled ones that are more prone to warping under hard braking.

Now on my car I do run PowerStop drilled & slotted front and rear and they made a very noticeable improvement to braking performance. But then again I'm never planning on going through any mud holes in my LS. :)

+1 re drilled &/or slotted rotors on an off-road vehicle. I’ve had enough problems with the sharp volcanic rocks on my regular rotors when I lived in AZ. I don’t like the idea of a place for them to wedge & do more damage. Street car/truck, no problem (hey, my wife’s MDX has them) but not an offroad vehicle.

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm not out four wheeling any more those days are long past. How ever getting to some of my hunting and fishing spots gets sporty at times  mud, snow and rugged. So that's why I didn't want to look at the "Performance" bake kits I'm familiar with the drilled and slotted rotors and their not really being suited to off-road. 

Citron on thanks for the advice but they are run out already. Checked the specs, measured then and the are at the minimum.