Oil Filter Comparison

AlabamaDan

I used to only use those orange Fram filters.. I still use Fram but I get the top end one now. None of the Walmart’s around where I live carry the supertech brand filters, I watched a guy on YouTube cut them open and they were about the same quality as the top end Fram but for $3.

I only use Mobil 1 full synthetic and a Mobil 1 oil filter on my vehicles.  That's what I've been doing for the last twenty years.  I try to change the oil every 10k miles, but sometimes it goes further.  I've never had an issue with the engine oil such.

I used to use whatever the quick oil change place did until I slung a rod in my Sentra.  Since then I've changed my own oil and used high quality items.

• Like 2

I only use Mobil 1 full synthetic and a Mobil 1 oil filter on my vehicles.  That's what I've been doing for the last twenty years.  I try to change the oil every 10k miles, but sometimes it goes further.  I've never had an issue with the engine oil such.

I used to use whatever the quick oil change place did until I slung a rod in my Sentra.  Since then I've changed my own oil and used high quality items.

U change every 10k!?!? Damn i run through a quart ever like 3k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, Astrorami said:

Oem nissan filters are less than $5 online. I feel there is no point in using more expensive filters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Word. 

And I change oil every 4,000 miles, or whenever I get around to it, whichever comes last. 

• Like 1

These are some nice little vids. Definitely will steer my filter choice in the future. Probably do the OEM for $5. It’s a nice touch that it comes with a crush washer.

I ran Mobil 1 & tried to change every 6,000K but it often ended up more like 8-10K. When they opened my engine at 106K, the cylinders still had crosshatching & the interior was pristine. They said it was the nicest looking engine anywhere near those miles they had ever seen.

• Like 1