Heated mirrors!

onespiritbrain

Is everyone but me aware that the side mirrors heat up when the rear defrost button is depressed??

I usually use the ice melt window washer fluid to defrost the front and rear windows but there’s a clog to the rear or something so I hit the defrost button and to my surprise the ice on my side mirrors melted away.

• Like 1

My 2001 SE has the heated mirrors, but when I hold the unlock button down my side windows don't go down. I'm going to have to look up the years and trim level of that. My mom's old 95 Maxima did it, and I was always surprised my Pathfinder didn't.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've seen that little icon on some models, I think my 94 Q45 had them, but not on any vehicles I have now.  However, I do know my Q70 has them without the icon.  I was pleasantly surprised to learn it had them too.

On 11/25/2018 at 8:07 AM, mjotrainbrain said:

Mine was there as well.  Awfully large button for what it is.

I feel slightly less stupid now. I realized I only ever really drive it at night (its her car, so I drive it rarely), and the button is not lit (my bulb must be out).

FYI We got 3-4 inches of snow today and the mirrors are definitely heated.

Edited by Inyourface1650

36 minutes ago, Inyourface1650 said:

FYI We got 3-4 inches of snow today and the mirrors are definitely heated.

I haven't had a chance to test my mirrors...  It was 75*F here today!  You've got snow and I was sweating my buns off.

Okay.  I have heated mirrors too.  It's a rainy chilly day here and I turned on the rear defog.  As I parked the car and was walking in, I turned back and checked the mirrors.  They were warm and dry.  So it heats them up too.  Cool.

• Like 2