Coastal Offroad R50 bumper!

dezm

Hey all, don't know if this has been posted on here yet. Thought it may interest some of you.

A local Vancouver (BC) company that makes beautiful front and rear bumpers has just started selling a weld together front bumper kit for the R50. I've seen their work in person on a number of other vehicles and can vouch for their quality and excellent design. 

Here's a link: https://www.coastaloffroad.com/product-page/r50-nissan-pathfinder-high-clearance-front-bumper-kit

Also side note, anybody know who's truck that is in the pics? It's a beaut!

710da1_57a49fb5cae946548eef6e19c46a8a5e~

• Like 8

Last winter he was going to use my truck as his template. Didn’t happen as my engine suffered a power valve failure. His name is Brandon & he was very pleasant when we were trying to work things out. He makes pretty hardy looking 4Runner bumpers. I like the aesthetics of these but would like to see how it mounts to the unibody. I think this gives us 4 options now but I’m waiting on hawairish @ TownDawgR50’s collaboration which should be coming out soon.

Bumper List:
*ARB Sahara

*@hawairish /@TownDawgR50

*Coastal Offroad

*Dustin Perreault

*WAM (former Tactical Armor Group aka TAG aka Kennesaw Mountain Accessories aka KMA aka Blue Lake Offroad) Previous iterations of this company have a terrible rep but supposedly it’s designs were bought out & it’s under new management. It would be very interesting to have someone buy one & report back if all the quality control problems are fixed.

• Like 2

With a powerhouse of those two working together and the amount of knowledge they both have, I’m sure they’ll r&d something in the best of both worlds between quality and design. Eager to see what they have in the works too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

If Hawairish and TownDawgR50 are building a kit in the Seattle area I'd be down to check that out before anything. Always fun to support locally built stuff. Nice to have options too though.

I expect [mention=37543]TowndawgR50[/mention] & I will both have them if not other members of the PNW crew as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I was checking their website today and I was pleased to notice that they have added an option for 00-04 Post Facelift R50. Nice to know they are now available for the newer models in case anyone was interested. This is probably my favorite bumper I have seen for the Pathy due to its pricing and overall look. When the money is there I will probably grab this one. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Thank you, dezm!!!  

I’ve been trying to find some aftermarket front bumpers (not too many options) 

i will def. be ordering this within the next month or so. 

2 minutes ago, RayGoose said:

Thank you, dezm!!!  

You bet, I would also keep your eyes peeled for a bumper from @hawairish and @TowndawgR50 thats supposed to be coming soon.

They're planning on releasing a bunch of R50 specific products very shortly.

More deets here: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dezm said:

You bet, I would also keep your eyes peeled for a bumper from @hawairish and @TowndawgR50 thats supposed to be coming soon.

Thanks for the shout out!

2 hours ago, RayGoose said:

Thank you, dezm!!!  

Unfortunately, bumpers from us won't become a reality as soon as we'd like (surely not within the timeframe you're looking), but they are on the long term road map.  The Coastal bumper appears to be a great alternative, so we won't hold a grudge if you do go that direction, lol.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, hawairish said:

Thanks for the shout out!

Unfortunately, bumpers from us won't become a reality as soon as we'd like (surely not within the timeframe you're looking), but they are on the long term road map.  The Coastal bumper appears to be a great alternative, so we won't hold a grudge if you do go that direction, lol.

I just purchased my pathfinder about a month ago so I have many “to do’s” on my list.  

I started following you and will be looking forward to new products you will be releasing in the future.  ??

• Thanks 1

On 11/25/2018 at 5:51 PM, RainGoat said:

Last winter he was going to use my truck as his template. Didn’t happen as my engine suffered a power valve failure. His name is Brandon & he was very pleasant when we were trying to work things out. He makes pretty hardy looking 4Runner bumpers. I like the aesthetics of these but would like to see how it mounts to the unibody. I think this gives us 4 options now but I’m waiting on hawairish @ TownDawgR50’s collaboration which should be coming out soon.

Bumper List:
*ARB Sahara

*@hawairish /@TownDawgR50

*Coastal Offroad

*Dustin Perreault

*WAM (former Tactical Armor Group aka TAG aka Kennesaw Mountain Accessories aka KMA aka Blue Lake Offroad) Previous iterations of this company have a terrible rep but supposedly it’s designs were bought out & it’s under new management. It would be very interesting to have someone buy one & report back if all the quality control problems are fixed.

I’m tempted to order a rear bumper for my wd21 from Wam... Will see how it goes and let you know haha.

• Like 2

I’m tempted to order a rear bumper for my wd21 from Wam... Will see how it goes and let you know haha.

I have run across a couple of their products on US trucks locally & have inquired of the owners when they bought it, how was the experience & how was the fit. So far, a couple good reports - no negative. Definitely keep everybody posted. There’s been alot of talk about rears but the only recent ones I can recall are[mention=38818]MicahFelker[/mention] &[mention=36148]hawairish[/mention] custom jobs. If[mention=36148]hawairish[/mention] put a beveled corner on his & offered it, I think it would be a tough product to beat! However, I would imagine that’s a long way off, if ever, given the other projects they have underway & the low hanging fruit yet to be grabbed-so I wouldn’t hold my breath. I also think the very low price, and relative ease, of retrofitting the swingate makes it a low demand item (“ease” of course said by someone who has watched[mention=37543]TowndawgR50[/mention] do it twice (plus his own) & with at least 2 still to go).   

• Like 2